Preseason Hype! Is it Football yet?!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Guys, you have to watch this again!!! The whole video here. If this doesn't get you pumped up for the season, nothing will!

I had this in the campbellism thread, but it wasn't getting any looks. It's so exciting to see 'the Process', Campbell's inspriration, and how this team/program has grown!

WELCOME TO THE PROCESS - YouTube
Campbell's opening (newly hired) press conference:
"In life change is inevitable, change happens, but greatness is a choice."
"Our ability to wake up day in and day out, control our attitude and effort, greatness is choice.
"From this day forward, every decision that I make will be strained to bring greatness to the fans, alumni, community, the great students, and the great student athletes that I get a chance to coach on a day in day out basis. I'm truly honored to be a Cyclone, and I'm truly honored and humbled to be the head football coach here."

"I'm interested in knowing why details win football games, not superheroes, not elite players, it's details. It's my ability to come every day and perfect my craft. It's this saying right here, 'greatness comes to those who daily understand the ability to perfect themselves'."
"Life in Ames isn't easy. Every thing that we get, we are going to have to earn."

Loved the highlights, 2017, the win over OU in Norman, the Marcel Spears interception against TCU, 2017! Spears one of my favorite Cyclones! So many that year though: Kempt, Montgomery, Lazard, Butler, Jones, Campos, Harvey, Peavey, Lima, Bailey, Waggoner, Payne, Cotton-Moya, oh yeah and a guy named Lanning!
"If you fall in love with the process, at some point in life the process will fall in love with you, OK. It'll give you every thing you want."

...Right up to the 2018 bowl game vs. Wash St.

When does football season start?!!!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
After watching these videos, it's hard to doubt this program and this team. This group is going to use this re-alignment crap sandwich as fuel. By G*d, I almost feel sorry for Oklahoma and Texas, I really do.
We're going to blow 'em away!!! :confused:

I hope! Be nice anyway! My new Avatar for awhile. OuT.
Red OrrNado Debris AVATAR 2 Swallows Sooners StormLightning Approaches Texas.jpg

Attachments

• Red OrrNado Debris AVATAR 2 Swallows Sooners StormLightning Approaches Texas.jpg
    Red OrrNado Debris AVATAR 2 Swallows Sooners StormLightning Approaches Texas.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If I wasnt such a nice midwestern guy, I would give you a hick country tongue lashing using Appalachian language that would make you blush. Took Appalachian Language in high school. Big here in the midwest.:jimlad:
LOL. You are working your way further away from your 'midwestern' roots. Haha!

That's OK. These conferences are stretching way beyond their boundaries. Pretty soon North Carolina and Virginia may be in our midwestern empire. Or California.