ESPN's Reaction

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Wow, that would be a very nice hire, and a very nice up-yours to Auburn and GC

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I don't know that he'd want to come, but it would be a good way to stick it to Auburn :yes:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Reading and watching different things about Chizik. There is a lot of blaiming Chizik for the 2-10 record.

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Reading and watching different things about Chizik. There is a lot of blaiming Chizik for the 2-10 record.

Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but he was the head coach wasn't he? That is the way it should be. Sure, he was trying to rebuild, but you expect to play better than that.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Jamie Please call Tommie Tuberville and beg him to come to ISU!!

Boys can you believe Auburn just fired a guy who averaged 8 wins a year!!! Well guys old Auburn is gonna find out the hard way that theirs a reason that old Chizik averaged 2.5 wins per year at ISU!!

Jamie I am begging you to hire tommie tuberville and stop the bleeding in ames...unidentified clone fan

I'm with unidentified jamie...quoting cybobby:cool:

iowast8fan

Aug 3, 2006
Ankeny
One of the worst things about this whole situation is the poor press ISU is getting. Is it better to not be known by anyone outside of Iowa? or is it better to be known by everyone as a team that is traditionally one of the worst in division 1 college football as the article said.

While it is humorous to see Chizik's name criticized after all of this, it is occuring at the expense of ISU.

In all fairness, two seasons at Iowa State aren't a fair measure of Chizik's abilities as a head coach. The Cyclones have traditionally been one of college football's worst programs.

StateThrowdown

Oct 27, 2008
Jasper County
One thing that i cant imagine coaches dont think about is that the ISU job would have very little pressure (relative to most southern schools and most big name schools) All that most of us like to see is improvement, not immediate conference championships or BCS bowl games. That and the unbelieveably loyal fan base has to be something Pollard sells during interviews.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Mods feel free to move this... I didn't want to start a new thread, but thought this was humorous.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjeNPauuqNc]YouTube - The Ballad of Gene Chizik[/ame]