2021-22 Season: What Players Big 12 Teams are Losing, Returning, and Adding

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
To be honest, I hadn't really paid much attention to who contributed what for Iowa State last year. I hadn't noticed that this guy was a 14ppg guy that shot 40% form three and played 32 mpg. Sounds like he'll be more of a contributor to KU than I first thought. Interesting.

Quietly had his best season of his college career last year. Mostly just didn't get much notice because 0-19. He'd be best utilized as a pure catch and shoot guy (mid-range and three). Can't put it on the deck much or draw fouls.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Quietly had his best season of his college career last year. Mostly just didn't get much notice because 0-19. He'd be best utilized as a pure catch and shoot guy (mid-range and three). Can't put it on the deck much or draw fouls.
Good to hear as that is the role that needs the most attention on the upcoming KU roster. And did I hear right that he will be 25 when the season starts?!? I think he will officially be older than 6th year player Mitch Lightfoot.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Sounds like former Iowa State player Jalen Coleman-Lands just committed to Kansas. Probably means that KU knows that Ochai Agbaji is staying in the draft as it puts us one over the scholarship limit.

Jalen Coleman-Lands-6’4-7th Yr Gr SG(transfer from Iowa State/Depaul/Illinois) , 14.3 ppg/3.9 rpg/1.2 apg

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Texas Tech added a player yesterday.

Daniel Batcho-6’11 RS/Fr C(transfer from Arizona) , Redshirted during the 2020-21 school year due to a knee injury , 116th-C/118th/NR/NR in the class of 2020

• Informative
Reactions: Halincandenza

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Texas has a player declaring for the draft.

Jericho Sims-6’10-5th Yr Gr C-Declared for NBA draft , Projected to return to school , Doesn’t count toward scholarship limit , 9.2 ppg/7.2 rpg/1.1 bpg

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Texas has a player declaring for the draft.

Jericho Sims-6’10-5th Yr Gr C-Declared for NBA draft , Projected to return to school , Doesn’t count toward scholarship limit , 9.2 ppg/7.2 rpg/1.1 bpg

I can see him staying in the draft if a team says they will give him a two way deal which I think he can get. He is athletic and can defend and rebound. Good prospect as an NBA bench big. What is crazy to me is that if Texas loses Ramey and Sims, their roster is extremely thin. They would only have 7 scholarship players.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Alondes Williams-6’5 Sr G(juco transfer from Triton JC)-Transferred after the 2nd semester of the 2020-21 school year , 6.7 ppg/2.8 rpg/1.3 apg

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
I can see him staying in the draft if a team says they will give him a two way deal which I think he can get. He is athletic and can defend and rebound. Good prospect as an NBA bench big. What is crazy to me is that if Texas loses Ramey and Sims, their roster is extremely thin. They would only have 7 scholarship players.

I'd be very surprised if Ramey stayed in the draft.

Yeah I'm not sure what Beard is doing. Still has 5 scholarships to fill.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Texas Tech has a player transferring.

Avery Benson-6’4 RS/Jr SG(Recruited Walk On)-Transferred after the 2nd semester of the 2020-21 school year , 1.3 ppg

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Pretty good assessment. KU took the marginal guard from Iowa a couple years ago, name is escaping me. Id day JCL is on that level, maybe even slightly better. Good bench depth for KU

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Pretty good assessment. KU took the marginal guard from Iowa a couple years ago, name is escaping me. Id day JCL is on that level, maybe even slightly better. Good bench depth for KU

Isaiah Moss played 25 mins a game mostly off the bench. Had 9 starts.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Isaiah Moss played 25 mins a game mostly off the bench. Had 9 starts.
That's the guy. JCL is a little better than he was, but similar types of players and I imagine will be filling a similar role for KU

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

So Tech has:
-no true or proven point guards
-no proven P5 players who can create offense on their own
-lost their 3 best and most used players
-has no player on the roster listed taller than 6'7"
-Lost the greatest coach in school history

Sounds like a team that is going to have to rely on jump shooting to win.. Despite playing a SLOW style. What am I missing? How is Tech not a bottom third team next season?

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA

So Tech has:
-no true or proven point guards
-no proven P5 players who can create offense on their own
-lost their 3 best and most used players
-has no player on the roster listed taller than 6'7"
-Lost the greatest coach in school history

Sounds like a team that is going to have to rely on jump shooting to win.. Despite playing a SLOW style. What am I missing? How is Tech not a bottom third team next season?

They are for sure a bottom third team right now.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
@nallen34

Wasn't there like a nice Google Doc somebody put together with scholarship charts for all teams?

Was that you?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I read somewhere that Ku has ten new players on the roster. That's got to give the bluehairs in those $20,000 AFH seats a headache.
There are fans of every age and donation level who aren't as obsessed with knowing every player on the roster. I would assume there as as many people in the lower dollar seats bothered by the high turnover as in the high dollar donor seats. My guess is that if next year's team is really good that none of them will be bothered by it for very long.

Lame attempt at a put down, Surly. Sorry your team is mostly rolling back the same disappointing roster as last year.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
There are fans of every age and donation level who aren't as obsessed with knowing every player on the roster. I would assume there as as many people in the lower dollar seats bothered by the high turnover as in the high dollar donor seats. My guess is that if next year's team is really good that none of them will be bothered by it for very long.

Lame attempt at a put down, Surly. Sorry your team is mostly rolling back the same disappointing roster as last year.

Lol Iowa State basically has a whole new Top8 of the rotation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron