And the 2021 Best Burger is...

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Best to just take a handful of dirt, throw it on a bun, add your condiments and eat that. It would taste better than a veggie burger.
Ah! I see you've tried one?

Nice to know what I have to look forward to.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ah! I see you've tried one?

Nice to know what I have to look forward to.
Yep, thought I was getting a typical vegetable burger. Mentioned it in a previous post of mine. My mom and I both got one. One bite and looked to see what the issue was, saw what was going on, took a second bite to see if it was just a bad spot and tossed the rest, just ate the fries.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
So will that be south of where they currently are/were? Never was to +39 did it not survive the Covid?

Yeah, which is too bad. The food, drinks, and vibe were always good, and my mother in law, who is 100% Italian, worked in the food service industry, and not shy about voicing her opinion, could never find anything to complain about, which is impressive. It really filled a spot in the restaurant scene here nicely. Between +39 closing and Bar la Tosca moving in with Stomping Grounds... could be worse, I suppose.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yep, thought I was getting a typical vegetable burger. Mentioned it in a previous post of mine. My mom and I both got one. One bite and looked to see what the issue was, saw what was going on, took a second bite to see if it was just a bad spot and tossed the rest, just ate the fries.
Maybe you got a bad 'vegie', haha.

A black bean burger. Haven’t had the impossible stuff
So what's this 'impossible' stuff.

We are about to try our first vegie burger, given to us by our kids. In the freezer I think. My Dtr. said they like this one brand best so I guess it might be hit and miss with the rest?

Can't wait.:(

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe you got a bad 'vegie', haha.

We are about to try our first vegie burger, given to us by our kids. In the freezer I think. My Dtr. said they like this one brand best so I guess it might be hit and miss with the rest?

Can't wait.:(
Put some bacon on it and that will help.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009

I made the same mistake with a mushroom burger once. I thought I was getting a mushroom and swiss type topping on a HAMBURGER but instead it was a portabella mushroom on a bun.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
How’s Brick City doing after they won? I remember being kinda pissed (selfishly of course) they won since it was next to impossible to get a seat there my Senior year after they won.

Wallabys still the best burger in the state IMO. And I've tried a lot of burgers across Iowa.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I made the same mistake with a mushroom burger once. I thought I was getting a mushroom and swiss type topping on a HAMBURGER but instead it was a portabella mushroom on a bun.
Lol, so did I at the rainforest cafe down at Disney world area. So dark in there I could barely read the menu and I was helping one of my kids pick and the wife told the waiter we were ready so I ordered that. I thought it was tough meat at first and then looked in the bun.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Lol, so did I at the rainforest cafe down at Disney world area. So dark in there I could barely read the menu and I was helping one of my kids pick and the wife told the waiter we were ready so I ordered that. I thought it was tough meat at first and then looked in the bun.
Mushrooms are very good for you! Hehe.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Maybe so, and I like mushrooms, but not when you are wanting a filling meat patty with it.
I hear you of course, and was just kidding. I'll bet it was a quick re-order, or down the road to the next eatery a few minutes later!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I hear you of course, and was just kidding. I'll bet it was a quick re-order, or down the road to the next eatery a few minutes later!
Unfortunately no, when we go on trips we quite often eat large breakfasts and then a later supper. So, I found a snack back at the hotel vending machine or snack area and made due. I did eat the “burger” since I was starving. Just didn’t fill me up.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
img-1703.jpg

The short answer: The Impossible Burger tastes like beef.

Remember that vegetarian whose stomach was repulsed by the Impossible tartare? That's because it tastes, smells and feels like real beef. And in our blind taste test of the Impossible Burger and the Beyond Burger, CNET staff members had good things to say about the Impossible Burger.

For vegetarians, vegans and probably the average omnivore, the Impossible Burger is an incredibly similar substitute for beef. For beef connoisseurs and picky eaters, Impossible is getting close, but may still have some work to do.

Fast food places like Burger King, Starbucks, and Qdoba have impossible meat.

Restaurants such as Zombie Burger, Cheesecake Factory, Wahlburgers, and Brick City Grill include it on their menus.

• Informative

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
img-1703.jpg

Fast food places like Burger King, Starbucks, and Qdoba have impossible meat.

Restaurants such as Zombie Burger, Cheesecake Factory, Wahlburgers, and Brick City Grill include it on their menus.
It's not terrible. Imho, it compares pretty favorably to fast food beef. Not exactly the same thing, but if no one told you what you were getting, you'd probably buy that it's a standard fast food hamburger. Not top quality. Just standard. Dressed up with the traditional condiments and it's perfectly fine.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's not terrible. Imho, it compares pretty favorably to fast food beef. Not exactly the same thing, but if no one told you what you were getting, you'd probably buy that it's a standard fast food hamburger. Not top quality. Just standard. Dressed up with the traditional condiments and it's perfectly fine.
Is it just burgers? I don’t think I’ve seen them do steaks or something like that. I’ve never had one.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Is it just burgers? I don’t think I’ve seen them do steaks or something like that. I’ve never had one.
I've not seen steaks. It's mostly replicating ground meat applications. Burgers, taco filling, sausage, etc.

Last edited: