The Fran fade

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
You may be able to answer this. I said the same thing, but had another person tell me that scholarship players get certain privileges that walk-ons don’t. Maybe tutors or certain dining privileges, I can’t remember exactly.
That used to be true. I think that is gone now.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That used to be true. I think that is gone now.
Yeah, I’m not positive. I’m pretty sure I heard it from a Iowa players parent. He would have been a freshman last year. He wanted ISU but ISU wasn’t interested. Was told by the Iowa coach that since his family could afford to pay that he would only get a walk on offer. He left at halftime of the game he was invited to due to that information. Tried for a full ride else where but no luck so he walked on at Iowa still.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Yeah, I’m not positive. I’m pretty sure I heard it from a Iowa players parent. He would have been a freshman last year. He wanted ISU but ISU wasn’t interested. Was told by the Iowa coach that since his family could afford to pay that he would only get a walk on offer. He left at halftime of the game he was invited to due to that information. Tried for a full ride else where but no luck so he walked on at Iowa still.
Sorry if I missed some previous info - but are you referring to Austin Ash? Thanks in advance.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

• Informative

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You may be able to answer this. I said the same thing, but had another person tell me that scholarship players get certain privileges that walk-ons don’t. Maybe tutors or certain dining privileges, I can’t remember exactly.

That's not really true because I was able as a walkon to get all the benefits (tutors, training table, etc.) the scholarship guys got minus scholarship of course.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That's not really true because I was able as a walkon to get all the benefits (tutors, training table, etc.) the scholarship guys got minus scholarship of course.

LOL, I should have known better when it involved Iowa, only Kirk would cut off the meals for a player.

Reactions: isufbcurt

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Can you replace a person who leaves with someone who was already on the team? Wouldn’t Bohannon be a 1 for 1 replacement of himself last year?

jeffspicoli2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Crookedhatkid

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So, to sum up Frans transfer prowess, he has a great ability to land transfer players from the University of Iowa...........am I getting this right?

• Haha
Reactions: cychhosis

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
So, to sum up Frans transfer prowess, he has a great ability to land transfer players from the University of Iowa...........am I getting this right?

Had beers with My Iowa friends on Saturday and the conversations were priceless. These guys were pissed when JoBo came back but Fran pulling an Iowa walk-on out of the transfer portal absolutely defeated these guys. They honestly don't even know what to say.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Is that the camera guy Marge poured water on?
So, let me get this straight...

Garza = Jorbo

Most Improved = Patrick, because he improved his scoring average from 3.0 to 5.2, even though he only played 2 games the previous season?

Very surprised Conner wasn't the Spirit Award and Marge wasn't the Appreciation Award.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Had beers with My Iowa friends on Saturday and the conversations were priceless. These guys were pissed when JoBo came back but Fran pulling an Iowa walk-on out of the transfer portal absolutely defeated these guys. They honestly don't even know what to say.
So, let me get this straight...

Garza = Jorbo

Most Improved = Patrick, because he improved his scoring average from 3.0 to 5.2, even though he only played 2 games the previous season?

Very surprised Conner wasn't the Spirit Award and Marge wasn't the Appreciation Award.

The Fran troll of the Iowa fanbase continues...

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I love this post.
Quick question tho'..... Why is it that you have Hok friends? Just curiuos.

Reactions: isufbcurt

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I love this post.
Quick question tho'..... Why is it that you have Hok friends? Just curiuos.

Perhaps environment? I live in Omaha. Every friend I have is a Husker fan. It's all irrelevant in the grand scheme of life. They have even gone with us a couple times to Lawrence to watch ISU vs. KU football. Plus, living in Omaha has been pretty easy for about 20 years or so. :cool:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron