Random Thoughts 15: Crystal Clear 2021 Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
My opposite version of this was my husband knowing that my sister's boyfriend was going to propose and he never told me! Got a call from Dad about a party he was planning for them and I was clueless so he had to awkwardly be the one to tell me that everyone else but me and my sister knew she was about to get proposed to. Men :rolleyes:
Maybe he was afraid you would blab?

*ducking for cover*

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I'm confused. Did you tell HER the secret, or did she till YOU?
If you told her, then you might want to stop telling her secrets from other sources, or at least have a conversation about what should be told to whom.
If she told you, well, that's on her if she keeps telling people.

She told me something that I wasn't suppose to tell anyone. She is always telling me that I tell people everything I know all the time, but yet she goes telling people everything she knows and she denies it all the time. :rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Went up to the courthouse. I did sign the title but I forgot to date it. Also after looking at both the notice and my bill of sale on the bill of sale I missed a number on the vin so that's not even right. God I'm such a ****ing moron. This is going to destroy me.
Is it still in your name?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Turned the AC on two nights ago, now will need to go back to heat, driving me crazy.

Doesn't count unless you do it within the a 24 hour period, heat for few minutes in the morning to take the chill off and than thinking, damn, gotta run the air for a few minutes to drop temp for sleeping. Done that one already this spring, cause Minnesota.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Last meeting we had with our likely builder they said that they heard rumors of prices falling soon but had not seen it yet. I am guessing that is wishful thinking?

Yes. Come on, man, greed and the ability to milk a situation will win.

Still remember my dad and fuel supply for his oil business during the 1970's oil price/supply crisis. My dad had only been running his own biz for a few years after being a mostly on commission jobber for D-X. Now he was a buyer and a seller and dancing with regional suppliers to get his product. Although the crisis was real he was 100% convinced it was made 10X worse by the oil companies and than every hand the fuel passed though before it got the customers. Again, everybody raking except the hourly wage guys doing the work or the owner of the filling station.

Reactions: wxman1

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Went up to the courthouse. I did sign the title but I forgot to date it. Also after looking at both the notice and my bill of sale on the bill of sale I missed a number on the vin so that's not even right. God I'm such a ****ing moron. This is going to destroy me.

How, you got your money, can't you let the tow guys just have the car?

I do get that towing and "storage" fees are another great business scam mostly predicated on screwing people. That's the way in works in Mpls where they prey on downtown parkers and lower income street parkers in poorer neighborhoods. They are nothing but thieves. They can't even get your personal processions back unless they ask within 15 days and they have to prove you are on some sort of assistance.

Edit: Think I am going to have to go delete a post. That's four in a row and that's either bad luck or at least a forum faux pas.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Is it still in your name?

It was. I talked with my mom and she said call the tow company and tell them to scrap/sell it and we will pay the accured fees. They then said to go to the courthouse and ask about an affidavit title transfer. I did that and they gave me a form which I filled out. So I think I'm good now. Learned a lesson from this from now on its trade in or junk yard. No more 3rd party selling especially on Facebook.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

I do get that towing and "storage" fees are another great business scam mostly predicated on screwing people. That's the way in works in Mpls where they prey on downtown parkers and lower income street parkers in poorer neighborhoods. They are nothing but thieves.

Edit: Think I am going to have to go delete a post. That's four in a row and that's either bad luck or at least a forum faux pas.
Go ahead and warn yourself ;)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I do get that towing and "storage" fees are another great business scam mostly predicated on screwing people. That's the way in works in Mpls where they prey on downtown parkers and lower income street parkers in poorer neighborhoods. They are nothing but thieves.

If it's still running get it back and sell it again. That is if it is worth more than the towing charges

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
It was. I talked with my mom and she said call the tow company and tell them to scrap/sell it and we will pay the accured fees. They then said to go to the courthouse and ask about an affidavit title transfer. I did that and they gave me a form which I filled out. So I think I'm good now. Learned a lesson from this from now on its trade in or junk yard. No more 3rd party selling especially on Facebook.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people that probably buy cheap used cars, never transfer the title and just drive it until it dies. Then just leave it on the side of the road, find another cheap car and repeat.
Sucks that you can't trust people.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Unfortunately there are a lot of people that probably buy cheap used cars, never transfer the title and just drive it until it dies. Then just leave it on the side of the road, find another cheap car and repeat.
Scarier when you consider the insurance side.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA

And I'm a very good willed person always looking to see the best in people which makes me a prime candidate to get taken advantage of.

Reactions: SCyclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
And I'm a very good willed person always looking to see the best in people which makes me a prime candidate to get taken advantage of.
Life is better to be positive though. Best statement I ever heard was, The way you treat people is the way you expect people will treat you. Meaning if you think people are always trying to hose you over, typically you’re the type of person that’s looking for the easy way out and vice versa

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Well, if you're a guy it means you are really more likely to be 5'-10" and if you're a gal you're probably really 6'-0" (except basketball gals who at 5'-11" are really only 5'-10" like a guy).
My wife lists herself as 5'-12". She still is. I'm no longer 6'-2". She has also kept all of her hair.

Reactions: SaraV
Status
Not open for further replies.