Football Season Ticket Renewal and Prices

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I think we are mostly safe as I believe most of what you are referring to is the STD variety
I sit below the visitor section and have been in the restrooms with the Hok fans. Most have been used to using outhouses, so it’s a real treat for them experience indoor plumbing. They don’t wash their hands however

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
Just logged in and looked at the parking selection preview. It shows G7 as the only available section which I find hard to believe. I'm in the gold donor level and was hoping one of the back A,B,C sections would be doable. is this just a glitch in the preview mode or is it likely G7 will be the only available lot when selection time comes?

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
Just logged in and looked at the parking selection preview. It shows G7 as the only available section which I find hard to believe. I'm in the gold donor level and was hoping one of the back A,B,C sections would be doable. is this just a glitch in the preview mode or is it likely G7 will be the only available lot when selection time comes?
Lol wow yah this is what I see too.
It also shows there are only 5 spots left in G7.

This is my first year with a parking pass. If all the spots are gone, I'm guessing I'll be fighting for a spot in GA or Vet Med?

Last edited:

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

This is my first year with a parking pass. If all the spots are gone, I'm guessing I'll be fighting for a spot in GA or Vet Med?

That's strange - mine is showing all A lots & B lots with availability, as well as G6/G7 (nearly all of G7 still showing as available, too). I'm only a States level donor, so you'll definitely have more options than me.

1620053625634.png

Reactions: DSMCy

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Ok, we always get an email telling us when we select parking and we haven't yet got that, so I'd say let's not panic over how the website appears just yet.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah - it's currently preset for donor levels. I see everything except the "named" lots next to the stadium and the RV lots as blue. If it's like last time I selected, if there are remaining spaces in the closer lots when your level comes around they will show for you then. Last time we selected, I logged on a minute or two after my time showed up and got one of less than 10 spaces left from the next higher donor level option.
Should be the same...unless they've changed everything, of course!

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013

My suggestion would be to make sure you log in as soon as your time slot opens up, especially if you are on the low end of your donor level, points wise. Selection goes really fast, just like it does for the seats.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and DSMCy

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
And right on cue the parking emails are sent out haha

I don't pick until May 19th.

I checked my account again and the Preview does now show spots available for all parking lots. This morning it was showing S7 only.

Reactions: jersey2

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
And right on cue the parking emails are sent out haha

I don't pick until May 19th.

I checked my account again and the Preview does now show spots available for all parking lots. This morning it was showing S7 only.

Ha, well I'm May 21st so save one for me!

Reactions: DSMCy

MSPClone210

Jul 8, 2013
Minneapolis
I just got the notification for my selection date/time. I am a Gold level, but have always remained in G6. Does anyone know if that parking lot is planned to be a paved at some somepoint?

G6 has always been super accessible, and easy to enter/leave games. Anyone in A4, B4, or C4? The lots seem a lot tighter over there, but the pavement is a nice deal on rain days.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames

Shows 944 left in G7 when I hover over it.

• Agree
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I just got the notification for my selection date/time. I am a Gold level, but have always remained in G6. Does anyone know if that parking lot is planned to be a paved at some somepoint?

G6 has always been super accessible, and easy to enter/leave games. Anyone in A4, B4, or C4? The lots seem a lot tighter over there, but the pavement is a nice deal on rain days.
We parked in C4 in the past. 2 years ago we were in C5. We always stay to the very end of each game in FB and in MBB, and park in a similar location for both. We've found it MUCH easier exiting after football than after basketball, FWIW. The last time we had parking in G7 we weren't able to park there for three games (due to snow & soggy ground), and it was a literal cluster F getting out of it.

Reactions: MSPClone210

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015
While you guys all worry about where you get to park can I interrupt and ask you as a new season ticket holder this year when will I be able to pick out my seats. Will I get an email about this and if so when should I be expecting it.. Thanks for any info.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
While you guys all worry about where you get to park can I interrupt and ask you as a new season ticket holder this year when will I be able to pick out my seats. Will I get an email about this and if so when should I be expecting it.. Thanks for any info.

Just like the parking spot process, you will receive an email notification of your selection date/time a week or two in advance, and a slew of info about the selection process and what you should and should not do for a smooth experience. As a first time ticket holder, definitely read through all that extra info.

I believe the seat selection itself doesn't begin until later in the month of May, possibly early June, so you have a few weeks yet before they will send out your seat selection time.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

I've always found C1/C2 (Hilton) to be the sweet spot in the house (that is if you're not near the top of Gold, or Captain and above). Paved lots, not congested, and just about every possible row of parking in those sections has level grass and sidewalk areas available to spread out and play games.

Reactions: MSPClone210

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I drive a few hours to get to the games, so I usually don't tailgate. My first time in paved lots was last year when it was a ghost town. What section is best for someone arriving within about an hour of kickoff? Should I stick with C2 or is it doable to get closer to the stadium in the C3/4 B3/4 or A1/2 areas?

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
I drive a few hours to get to the games, so I usually don't tailgate. My first time in paved lots was last year when it was a ghost town. What section is best for someone arriving within about an hour of kickoff? Should I stick with C2 or is it doable to get closer to the stadium in the C3/4 B3/4 or A1/2 areas?
Technically, if you have a pass for a section, you can park there regardless of when you arrive. However, realistically, some fans (oh no!) "claim" extra spaces and are surly about giving up "their" space to later arrivals. Some of the games they have had staff "guides" that walk you down the lanes and move people out of the way so that you can reach a parking space. It's a crap shoot, but if you're wanting to park fast and can walk fast the outer lots are probably a better bet.

Help Support Us

Become a patron