Apr 11, 2006
Texas taking out the B1G teams.

Also noticed it looks like Texas brings back all but 1 player next year. :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Texas has a lot of quality hitters in all of the positions. Should be a fun one to watch.
Go Big 12.
I'm sure it's nice to be able to throw it out to Eggleston or Fields when you're out of system and having Butler, O'Neal, and Phillips there on good passes.

Having Iosia as essentially a second setter on the court is big too. Plus you've got two great passers in O'Brien and Petersen.

I'd say Texas is the favorite despite being the 4 seed.

Cyclone27inQC

Jun 16, 2010
Quad Cities
I'm sure it's nice to be able to throw it out to Eggleston or Fields when you're out of system and having Butler, O'Neal, and Phillips there on good passes.

Having Iosia as essentially a second setter on the court is big too. Plus you've got two great passers in O'Brien and Petersen.

I'd say Texas is the favorite despite being the 4 seed.
I agree 100%. Their D/S and Libero aren’t flashy but they get the job done.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I realize I’m a B12 homer, and I was going to post this already Thursday, but does anybody else think these announcers are very anti-Texas? I chalked it up to them just wanting a competitive match Thursday but this is ridiculous tonight.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I realize I’m a B12 homer, and I was going to post this already Thursday, but does anybody else think these announcers are very anti-Texas? I chalked it up to them just wanting a competitive match Thursday but this is ridiculous tonight.
Sunderland and Salima called UT games on LHN during the season. I don't notice any favoritism. I think Sunderland is terrific calling VB. and Salima is good as well.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Sunderland and Salima called UT games on LHN during the season. I don't notice any favoritism. I think Sunderland is terrific calling VB. and Salima is good as well.
Agree to disagree I guess. TBF, my granddaughter plays VB with sisters of a Longhorn player.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Kentucky wins Title 3 sets to 1
Lilly was National POY and Sunderland is right, she is one of the best collegiate setters ever. Not only can she set but she had multiple blocks and 19 digs as well.

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Didn't realize SEC hadn't won a Volleyball championship till tonight.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Lilly was National POY and Sunderland is right, she is one of the best collegiate setters ever. Not only can she set but she had multiple blocks and 19 digs as well.
Lilly's high school coach was HS classmate of my daughter. Now I know why she won a state championship in only her second year as a head coach.

Lilly is the second setter from the KC metro area to win the NCAAs in recent years. Jenna Gray won two at Stanford.

Maybe CJL needs to look down I-35 to KC for a setter.

Last edited:

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Lilly's high school coach was HS classmate of my daughter. Now I know why she won a state championship in only her second year as a head coach.

Lilly is the second setter from the KC metro area to win the NCAAs in recent years. Jenna Gray won two at Stanford.

Maybe CJL needs to look down I-35 to KC for a setter.
Kaylee Manns was from Topeka which is close.

CJL not only needs to addressing the setter position but every other position as well with the possible exception of MB (assuming Herrera returns). The gap that has emerged between ISU and top programs like BU and UT is growing (0-12 against those two in sets played last season) and I am not sure there is a fix until changes are made to facilities and staff. The outlook for improvement next season is not promising at this point and that is accounting for the transfer setter coming in from Mizzou.

Last edited:

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Kaylee Manns was from Topeka which is close.

CJL not only needs to addressing the setter position but every other position as well with the possible exception of MB (assuming Herrera returns). The gap that has emerged between ISU and top programs like BU and UT is growing (0-12 against those two in sets played last season) and I am not sure there is a fix until changes are made to facilities and staff. The outlook for improvement next season is not promising at this point and that is accounting for the transfer setter coming in from Mizzou.
There you go! The other topflight setter we had, Alison Landwehr, was from Missori, albeit St. Louis.

CJL did go to KC for the Victorias Henson and Hurtt as well as Izzt Enna.