2022 Football Targets (Offer List in OP +4)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
I'm new to the college recruiting scene. Is there any significance to whether a player is visiting the first weekend of June or the second? Like is it a sort of rule of thumb that higher priority guys visit earlier? Guess this year is pretty wonky with the super extended dead period.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm new to the college recruiting scene. Is there any significance to whether a player is visiting the first weekend of June or the second? Like is it a sort of rule of thumb that higher priority guys visit earlier? Guess this year is pretty wonky with the super extended dead period.
I’d say it’s subjective for everyone. And sometimes, just a matter of convenience for each recruit.

The good news for us is that some kids might like it enough to cancel the rest of their visits and commit. Other kids like to save the best for last.

In this case, it looks an awful lot like a bunch of these kids are hitting the best destination first. So, see above.

Reactions: zcecsch

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Really happy to see ISU got an official setup with Mario Eugenio. He is a recruit that can help make this recruiting class huge!

Not to mention his gigantic teammate, who is visiting the same weekend, Tawfiq Thomas. He's the kind of big-body NG we need. I would love it if we signed him and the other two, Orange and Graciel. Three DTs in one class would likely be a first for us. It would definitely be a first for quality of recruit anyway.

• Friendly
  • Optimistic
Reactions: CyDegen and Aclone

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

No. Visits are set up whenever the recruit has free time. It's not dependent on how high they are on the priority list. Although, ISU has traditionally had a high closure rate on visit dates. If we get them to visit, we can usually sign them. So the only caveat is if they don't visit until later, we might have already filled up on the position they're being recruited for.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would love it if we signed him and the other two, Orange and Graciel. Three DTs in one class would likely be a first for us. It would definitely be a first for quality of recruit anyway.
I’m not sure whether to mark this post as “optimistic” or “friendly”. One of each would be right, I think!

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I don’t think there is a huge difference but I think you want to be either the 1st visit or the last visit. First you can close the deal before other visits sometimes and last because you leave the last impression before the decision.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
No. Visits are set up whenever the recruit has free time. It's not dependent on how high they are on the priority list. Although, ISU has traditionally had a high closure rate on visit dates. If we get them to visit, we can usually sign them. So the only caveat is if they don't visit until later, we might have already filled up on the position they're being recruited for.
To be fair, the (known) commits are all taking their visits the first weekend. While I suspect those four may also manage to be on campus for the second, it sure looks like the staff is putting on a full court press that first weekend.

Reactions: 4EverACyclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Everyone wonders if the ‘20 season and Fiesta Bowl win will pay off with a big ‘22 Cyning class.

Well, I can say this much right now. In ten years or so of seeing OV lists, I’ve never seen an Official Visit list like the one on June 11th. Not even close.

Except the one on June 4th...which is even better.

And we still don’t have all the names yet.