Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
My goodness everyone.. A good offense and a good defense can play bad. It’s allowed lol. Also, I’ve never understood wanting to downplay another quality team. Like I hate Iowa, but if we beat em, I’m not gonna say “we beat a team that sucked on both sides of the ball”. Unless it’s an absolute bloodbath.

I’d rather say Iowa’s defense is good and we put “x” number of points up on that defense. It makes the team i root for look better.

Also, to both Iowa and ISU fans pertaining to the last time we played. Our offense was very 1 dimensional at that point of the year. We couldn’t run the ball and didn’t have a back break out yet. Iowa knew that and smothered us when we got into the red zone. That’s a fact. This upcoming year will be much much different. There happens to be a Heisman contending RB in our backfield.

2020 would have been different had we been given the chance. With their having to break in a new QB, we would have trounced them.

We'll give them the extra year wallow in the past. But the trend is reversing, just as it did at the end of Hayden's tenure and five years into Kirk's.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12 and Gonzo

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
2020 would have been different had we been given the chance. With their having to break in a new QB, we would have trounced them.

We'll give them the extra year wallow in the past. But the trend is reversing, just as it did at the end of Hayden's tenure and five years into Kirk's.
I think it’d been closer than we all think. Remember it would’ve been the 2nd game of the season, not the 8th. We weren’t playing great right away, and obviously neither was Iowa.

I think we would’ve had a good shot to win, but I think it’s a bit over the top saying we would’ve killed them in Kinnick.

ClockHawk69

Mar 18, 2021
Iowa

The same week we were set to play was one of the more “entertaining” games I watched this year. Do you remember what I’m talking about?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I think it’d been closer than we all think. Remember it would’ve been the 2nd game of the season, not the 8th. We weren’t playing great right away, and obviously neither was Iowa.

I think we would’ve had a good shot to win, but I think it’s a bit over the top saying we would’ve killed them in Kinnick.

You're not giving yourselves enough credit here. ISU seems to be undefeated in the imaginary games that never happen.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
So you think the head to head is what matters? Yes or no.
I think it's sad for Iowa that Campbell only took 4 years to supplant Ferentz as the premier program in the state.

Guess mediocre results trumps systemic racism in Iowa City.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You're not giving yourselves enough credit here. ISU seems to be undefeated in the imaginary games that never happen.
Let’s not act like we’re the only fan base who makes excuses. Lol the beat writers for Iowa had like 7 different excuses why Iowa got dog walked by Oregon last month.

Nate STANley

Feb 4, 2021
I think it's sad for Iowa that Campbell only took 4 years to supplant Ferentz as the premier program in the state.

Guess mediocre results trumps systemic racism in Iowa City.
To say ISU is the premier pentameter in the state is just lazy lol

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames

Depends on whether you're assuming we would have played them in week one or two. With the gift of hindsight, we weren't playing nearly as poorly as believed. Kinnick or no Kinnick, there's no way Petras would have mustered enough offense to be competitive against us early in the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Gonzo

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Well yeah they didn't have to play a 1st round game...
Wouldn’t the same logic apply to them only having to play one game compared to USC’s 2 games? And the ducks got blown out by USC lol

(I know you’re just kidding btw) ;)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Depends on whether you're assuming we would have played them in week one or two. With the gift of hindsight, we weren't playing nearly as poorly as believed. Kinnick or no Kinnick, there's no way Petras would have mustered enough offense to be competitive against us early in the season.
Yeah maybe. I’m just saying Iowa doesn’t get blown out often and I can’t even tell you the last time it happened at home.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

"If we would've played them on ANY other Saturday..."

Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: usedcarguy