CW was right on the money!! What a weekend for Men’s Hoops.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
I have to admit, I was skeptical of the new staffs direction with transfers the first week or two. Today, I’m beginning to be a believer with the way this team is puzzling up.

Minnesota transfer Gabe Kalschuer, complete stud! Impressive stat line along with the fact that he’s a lock down defender. Experienced and has played in the NCAA Tournament.

Caleb Grill returning after getting considerable playing time at UNLV. I believe the best basketball is ahead of him.

And lastly, and perhaps the most monumental piece, the reaffirmed commitment of Tyrese Hunter!

Cheers Chris!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
The program has been sick the past few years...
And when you're sick, it's...
...out with the bad...
and in with the good.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Not going to lie.... being a premium member and being able to access Chris, Brent, and Jared, as well as getting this info ahead of time is fantastic. Anyone that isn’t a premium member now, I dare you to go sign up and see what he’s said this far and what had come true.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Not going to lie.... being a premium member and being able to access Chris, Brent, and Jared, as well as getting this info ahead of time is fantastic. Anyone that isn’t a premium member now, I dare you to go sign up and see what he’s said this far and what had come true.
Now that Hunter/Grill/Gabe are officially public, how soon did the premium board know these things and were they concrete or just heavy speculation? I may have to jump on board.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Now that Hunter/Grill/Gabe are officially public, how soon did the premium board know these things and were they concrete or just heavy speculation? I may have to jump on board.
Its worth it imo. With CW's connections to the new basketball staff, he's been sharing updates and little tid bits on the team almost daily. It's usually more along the lines of "we have a really good shot with this kid" than it is "so-and-so is going to come here for sure". The nice thing is you can try it for a month and see if it's worth it to you, or not.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Look at how the story of the two major basketball programs in the state have flipped in 2-3 weeks.

Fran and hoks are building their hopes around JorBo returning.

TJ and the Clones are building their hopes around Hunter re-affirming.

@Shawker I agree, it is dumb. How can Fran build a program around a spoiled, marginal player?

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny

With Grill, it was pretty much when Otz was on board. I really have appreciated that you get insight to logical reasons as to why players are transferring or why we are or are not targeting players. Takes a lot of message board speculation, which often leads to unfair attacks on player character, out of it.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny

Give it a shot, look around and see when he posted those three vs when they committed. Then take a look at a few of the other nuggets he’s dropped and if you aren’t satisfied, cancel your membership after a month.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Not designed to rub noses or anything like that but because you asked I'll share what I think is permissible. Hopefully not considered divulging premium info.

Grill was highly probable all along,
Gabe we knew he was targeted and the connection early in the week.
Hunter we got nice insite on the inner workings and the process

But honestly the best feature was knowing who really were the primary targets and who was m/l due diligence.

Secondly, it's ok to express an opinion that isn't necessarily positive but the constant ******** over and over is frowned on which makes it far more enjoyable to follow.