Spencer Petras vs Zach Wilson

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

1Jj9.gif

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Always liked Padilla's potential and I think he also has way more mobility than we're used to. There's more to a QB than arm strength. Look at what Purdy has done for these guys.
Lol

Stanley is likely to be our 3rd consecutive starting QB to end up on an NFL roster. I'll defer to the coaching staffs judgement on who should be next but I think they're pretty happy with Petras.
Last 3 starters for the Hawks have been drafted. Good situation for Petras to step in to.
Maybe we should kick the tires on Petras before conceding the "All-Iowa" QB position to Purdy?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Chad just said overall he's heard a lot more good things about Padilla (while talking about Petras).

***Anthony on the line now***

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Yes because saying you needed to see if Nate Stanley's backup is better than Brock Purdy is totally reasonable
Not possible for a back-up to be better than a veteran starter? That would be quite a statement if that's what you're trying to say. Not to mention that Purdy didn't exactly end 2019 on a high note IIRC. Last 2 games were stinkers so we really didn't know if he was regressing or not.

Last edited:

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Has Kurt ever benched a QB who started every game the prior season?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It is crazy to me how many Cyclone fans have Iowa sources.
It’s actually not crazy if you think about it. If you have friends / acquaintances that are Hawkeye fans and in the know or well connected, it’s not that hard to retrieve information.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I mean it would’ve happened in 2015 with Rudock and Beathard.

I disagree. That whole move by Kirk in the bowl games was to hopefully prevent CJ from leaving and he got bailed out by Jake leaving instead. You know damn well that Jake would have been the starter that season regardless of what CJ did.

Expert

Mar 4, 2021
It’s actually not crazy if you think about it. If you have friends / acquaintances that are Hawkeye fans and in the know or well connected, it’s not that hard to retrieve information.

How many people are well connected and have an actual source in the UI AD and how many are just pulling **** from an Iowa message board?