Blue bloods John Walters interview https://youtu.be/x4dYtvx7fDA

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
John is so spot on with his description of the Iowa State program. He has been fantastic over the years and was in a tough spot when he had to replace Pete the Legend. We are fortunate to have him as the 'Voice of the Cyclones'.
John Walters is the best in the business, walks the perfect line of we know he's the ISU announcer but not an overboard homer like a Gary Dolphin.

Him and Eric H are just so good together

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
John and Eric are definitely all Big 12 1st team! I always listen to them, whether I'm at the game or watching it on TV. I think many of our fans may not appreciate just how good they are because that's all they've ever known. The same can be said for Pete Taylor.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
John Walters is the best in the business, walks the perfect line of we know he's the ISU announcer but not an overboard homer like a Gary Dolphin.

Him and Eric H are just so good together

Walters and Heft make far fewer mistakes than the EIU broadcasters about player names, numbers, down-and-distance, line of scrimmage.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Walters and Heft make far fewer mistakes than the EIU broadcasters about player names, numbers, down-and-distance, line of scrimmage.
That’s not true. I’ve listened to many dolphin-called Iowa football broadcasts and not once have I ever heard him mention down and distance or line of scrimmage

• Funny
Reactions: CyDegen and Cycsk

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I will disagree with you partially. They don’t mess up the down and distance and line of scrimmage more; because they never say them.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk