Former Drake Bulldog Yesefu transferring to KU

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I'd be more worried if they got Penn. Yesefu is a much better version of Bolton. When he took over the offense looked like ours but with better players.

Doubt we need to worry about beating Kansas anyway.

Last edited:

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Just one of the first "symptoms" of how crazy the upcoming transfer cycle is going to get. You will have some teams (like Florida) overturning half of their roster. That actually will become the norm at the blue bloods where they simply shuffle the line up on a yearly basis. I wonder if the NCAA intended this...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Imagine how many transfers will be headed to Baylor this year, where Drew has made an art of attracting seasoned talent to Waco.

How can power-conference coaches seriously consider recruiting just high school talent anymore? It seems to me those days are gone with a thousand veterans year after year available in the portal.

I suspect this is one reason Roy Williams stepped aside. Recruiting is completely upside-down.

Reactions: Cytown12

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Imagine how many transfers will be headed to Baylor this year, where Drew has made an art of attracting seasoned talent to Waco.

How can power-conference coaches seriously consider recruiting just high school talent anymore? It seems to me those days are gone with a thousand veterans year after year available in the portal.

I suspect this is one reason Roy Williams stepped aside. Recruiting is completely upside-down.
The best coaches usually get the best players. Nothing new.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
So a 5’10” volume shooter went to KU? Lol. The only reason this is even remotely on our radar is because he went to Drake. If he is starting or even playing major 2nd unit minutes for KU they won’t be competing for the conference title. This is a nothingburger for the Big 12. Sucks for Drake though. He was a very good 6th man in the MVC.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
So a 5’10” volume shooter went to KU? Lol. The only reason this is even remotely on our radar is because he went to Drake. If he is starting or even playing major 2nd unit minutes for KU they won’t be competing for the conference title. This is a nothingburger for the Big 12. Sucks for Drake though. He was a very good 6th man in the MVC.

?? He got the 6th Man award in the MVC because he didn't start enough games, and then only after Penn was injured. However, the way he was playing at the end of the year, he didn't transfer elsewhere to be a 6th man.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
?? He got the 6th Man award in the MVC because he didn't start enough games, and then only after Penn was injured. However, the way he was playing at the end of the year, he didn't transfer elsewhere to be a 6th man.

He’s a volume shooter. He took 21 shots to get 21 points against Wichita St and 22 shots to get 26 points against USC. He had 2 great games against a 9-16 Evansville team who had Todd Lickliter as coach with 0 scouting report time due to Penn getting hurt.

Great MVC 6th man. Best case scenario for KU he is a poor man Tyrus McGee. Worst case, KJ Bluford.