***Official St. Louis Cardinals 2021 Season Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Cards fan here but pro baseball players remind me of the guy wearing a turtle neck when the OU player was clocked by the MMA guy in the bathroom.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Watching the Birds from this site right now.

I can't get any sound, and any click takes me somewhere else.

Any other suggestions for Cardinals live TV?

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I can't get any sound, and any click takes me somewhere else.

Any other suggestions for Cardinals live TV?

So here’s what I’ve learned from mediacom: they don’t offer fox sports Midwest. And even if you do have a cable package, the fox sports go app doesn’t guarantee they’ll have fox sports Midwest content. This is the case for DSM area, anyway. So literally no way to watch the cards except MLBTV.

So I am gonna try...

There are companies that offer VPN services at a pretty low cost. ExpressVPN, privateVPN, etc. we’re talking $2-$10/month. With an Amazon fire stick, you can download whatever VPN app you prefer from the Amazon store. That lets you route your IP address on your tv through another location (USA or otherwise).

That *should* allow you to stream MLBTV from anywhere. Even within blackout zones.

I needed a new streaming system anyway so I ordered a fire stick. I’ll do trials of VPN and MLB and see if it works. If not, I’m F’ed.

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone and matclone

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
So here’s what I’ve learned from mediacom: they don’t offer fox sports Midwest. And even if you do have a cable package, the fox sports go app doesn’t guarantee they’ll have fox sports Midwest content. This is the case for DSM area, anyway. So literally no way to watch the cards except MLBTV.

So I am gonna try...

There are companies that offer VPN services at a pretty low cost. ExpressVPN, privateVPN, etc. we’re talking $2-$10/month. With an Amazon fire stick, you can download whatever VPN app you prefer from the Amazon store. That lets you route your IP address on your tv through another location (USA or otherwise).

That *should* allow you to stream MLBTV from anywhere. Even within blackout zones.

I needed a new streaming system anyway so I ordered a fire stick. I’ll do trials of VPN and MLB and see if it works. If not, I’m F’ed.

Huh, I just dumped Mediacom and l always had FSM out of STL, I live in Ames. Now the fox go app never worked for me however.

• Informative
Reactions: throwittoblythe

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Jeff Albert the hitting coach needs to go. Our offense under him has been abysmal. Should top trying to implement quantum theory into hitting a baseball and teach them to make contact

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

So I am gonna try...

This seems to have worked!

I bought privateVPN for $60 for 2 years. I got a fire stick for $40. And then the MLBTV subscription for $130 for the year.

A little pricey just to watch some baseball, but not all that much more than the subscription itself.

Watching the game right now!

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I'm in Cardinals country and we are blacked out from the broadcasts on MLB TV. We have cable and tonight were able to connect via Fox Sports Go app. Hopefully it will hold.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The Cards problem this year is the same as the last couple of years, as of right now, we have NA hitting over 400 and Goldie at .375. The rest of the team is hitting except for Yadi at .235 are below .200.

I get they want to give the young outfielders a shot to see what they can do, but if they do not pan out and this continues throughout the year, with little improvement then take the money that is coming off the books and go sign a couple of players that can hit the damn ball. Overpay if you have to, but we need more offense.

• Winner
Reactions: mramseyISU

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
The Cards problem this year is the same as the last couple of years, as of right now, we have NA hitting over 400 and Goldie at .375. The rest of the team is hitting except for Yadi at .235 are below .200.

I get they want to give the young outfielders a shot to see what they can do, but if they do not pan out and this continues throughout the year, with little improvement then take the money that is coming off the books and go sign a couple of players that can hit the damn ball. Overpay if you have to, but we need more offense.
Outside of Goldschmidt and Arenado they couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.
Unless they find another bat or two that can hit better than .270 it’s going to be a long season.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I'm in Cardinals country and we are blacked out from the broadcasts on MLB TV. We have cable and tonight were able to connect via Fox Sports Go app. Hopefully it will hold.

Nice! From what the mediacom guy told me, fox doesn’t “guarantee” that channel on the app. So, it’s a bit of a gamble each night. Maybe not the case in your market though.

Kaner04

Apr 22, 2019
Outside of Goldschmidt and Arenado they couldn’t hit water if they fell out of a boat.
Unless they find another bat or two that can hit better than .270 it’s going to be a long season.
They should’ve signed Jake Odorizzi and Joc Pederson. Adds another solid starter and a proven outfielder with good power.

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
Nice! From what the mediacom guy told me, fox doesn’t “guarantee” that channel on the app. So, it’s a bit of a gamble each night. Maybe not the case in your market though.
I have my fingers crossed. I'd be happy just to get radio, but even that it is a challenge where I'm at ("in Cardinals country"). From a marketing standpoint, how do you promote your team or sport by restricting access?