Tyrese Hunter note

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Just wanted to pass along that T.J. Otzelberger's Zoom call with Tyrese Hunter earlier today went well, a source tells CF. Reiterated that Tyrese is a priority and a huge piece of Iowa State men's basketball's future. The Cyclones are in a good position to keep the four-star floor general in the fold.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Just wanted to pass along that T.J. Otzelberger's Zoom call with Tyrese Hunter earlier today went well, a source tells CF. Reiterated that Tyrese is a priority and a huge piece of Iowa State men's basketball's future. The Cyclones are in a good position to keep the four-star floor general in the fold.
Excellent

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Well that's really going to piss off a couple posters.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I want foster to do well, I really really do. But I can't understand the infatuation for a player that didn't absolutely dominate 3A iowa HS hoops.
I do agree. At his height and athletic ability, he should have been averaging 25 points and 15 rebounds a game easily in 3A. Most 3A centers he went up against were 6’6 or shorter

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
I really think this kid could be a huge piece to turning things around. Have to get our key guys back too, obviously, but if he can start at the point, it gets Rasir off the ball, and everything works better.

Anyone who ever watched the offense Xavier played in during high school can attest to why he didn’t put up huge numbers. I was at the state championship games his sophomore and junior years and he spent the majority of those games 15+ feet from the hoop. That’s nothing against his coach. You don’t get many high-level 7-footers at that level to work with so that can be an adjustment in itself, especially when they had another D1 big-man on the team for three of the four years. I don’t read much into his high school numbers. Kid has the tools to be a very, very, very good player at Iowa State. Just gotta refine them.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron