States cracking down on left lane campers

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Well, hopefully Iowa will be one of them.

But what frosts me just as much is when I'm in the left lane passing someones (or a row of someones), already doing (maybe a wee bit over) the speed limit, and some dillweed comes flying up behind me and rides my...tailgate, thinking that I'll get the "hint".

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
I wish the penalty for left lane camping was instant death.

ketchupnmustard

Oct 28, 2006
I love the slow side-by-siders myself. It's quite the feeling to be stuck behind 2 vehicles going 53 mph side-by-side on the interstate.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
How come so many people are for this but tickets are never issued? It's called the passing lane, that means that you actually can speed up, go around the car, and then move back over just like a tow lane highway.

My wife hates ridding with me because I usually give these people a mile before I start flashing them(with my lights).

cmoneyr

Nov 8, 2006
Ames, Born and Raised
I ******* hate people that ride the fast lane. If you're just doing the speed limit, the fast lane is not for you, please move over. I'll gladly flash lights, lay on my horn and flip off people I come to that don't get over when I'm coming up behind them to pass them.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
The only exception to this rule for me is semi's. Most are good drivers and between lack of power, the inability to see, and idiot drivers who drive in their blind spot I usually try to be patient with them.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
Why is it that when you come up on someone going under the speed limit they road hazard, but when someone flies around you over the speed limit, they are an insane maniac?

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Why is it that when you come up on someone going under the speed limit they road hazard, but when someone flies around you over the speed limit, they are an insane maniac?
Depends on who you ask. I'm not an insane maniac, I'm an offensive driver.

Irresponsible

Jul 3, 2008
Seattle, WA
I ******* hate people that ride the fast lane. If you're just doing the speed limit, the fast lane is not for you, please move over. I'll gladly flash lights, lay on my horn and flip off people I come to that don't get over when I'm coming up behind them to pass them.

Sweet. So you're saying, "Please step aside and allow me to break the law with impunity. It's my RIGHT as a driver to be able to speed."? Do you steal small items from convenience stores as well?

I suspect if we would drive in the left lane of the freeway and make the right lane the passing lane, accidents would be reduced because drivers on the on-ramp would be able to enter the freeway without other drivers having to switch lanes at the last minute to make room for them.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Its about time.

These campers are the same that get upset when they are passed by someone in the right hand lane. Guess what? If you are getting passed by someone on your right hand side, you are in the wrong lane!

Now Germany, there is a place where people do not camp out in the left hand lane. It'd be suicidal there.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

So that was you that did that to me this morning? If I'd known that, I wouldn't have made those comments about your mom. :wink:

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
Its about time.

These campers are the same that get upset when they are passed by someone in the right hand lane. Guess what? If you are getting passed by someone on your right hand side, you are in the wrong lane!

Now Germany, there is a place where people do not camp out in the left hand lane. It'd be suicidal there.
Take away nazis and lederhosen, and you have a genuine utopia.