WandaVision----Spoilers Ahead. You've been Warned. Don't click if you don't want spoilers

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Fine. I’m still curious if in the E7 mid credits scene, “Fietro” is wearing Darcy’s hat/beanie.

I also can’t believe that a character actually gave us a name like “Fietro” for Fake Pietro.
Plus is "Fietro" really from the X-men universe? In comics wasn't Harkness really connected to the Fantastic Four? Maybe this is the way to bring in the X-men and Fantastic Four into the MCU? Maybe Harkness is from the FF universe and investigating chaos magic and pulled Fietro out of the X-men universe just to mess with Wanda?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I wondered why she was holding Wanda's kids hostage as well? What does she want Wanda do to for her? I guess we will find out...but using the kids as hostages is not a good way to encourage "friendship"!
Well, I’m wondering if she didn’t mind “killing” Sparky because she knew he was a construct, and not really alive—so maybe the kids are, too.

I need to rewatch that scene to figure out just how Wanda went from being trapped in the basement to running out a door onto the street. I don’t remember stairs.

Reactions: cyfanatic

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Plus is "Fietro" really from the X-men universe? In comics wasn't Harkness really connected to the Fantastic Four? Maybe this is the way to bring in the X-men and Fantastic Four into the MCU? Maybe Harkness is from the FF universe and investigating chaos magic and pulled Fietro out of the X-men universe just to mess with Wanda?
I think that was just the creators trolling the viewers and he is just a random.
Harkness was actually Franklin Richards babysitter who is arguably the strongest being in the Marvel universe.

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I think that was just the creators trolling the viewers and he is just a random.
Harkness was actually Franklin Richards babysitter who is arguably the strongest being in the Marvel universe.
Oh wow, Franklin Richards, I forgot about him. I have some Power Pack comics with him somewhere......

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I wondered why she was holding Wanda's kids hostage as well? What does she want Wanda do to for her? I guess we will find out...but using the kids as hostages is not a good way to encourage "friendship"!
Are they even her kids though? Are they real kids or just constructed through the hex she created?

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Another lingering question: who are the two actors that are in the commercials? We know it's not Wanda's parents - are they just regular Westview residents that are trapped?

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
I have no idea what any of you people are talking about. That's probably why I don't understand the show on a deeper level.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I’ve watched the first couple of episodes. The 7 minute run time at the end had me thinking that might be scenes buried there. I see here that there is one in 7. Anywhere else to be aware, because I would have stopped checking.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I’ve watched the first couple of episodes. The 7 minute run time at the end had me thinking that might be scenes buried there. I see here that there is one in 7. Anywhere else to be aware, because I would have stopped checking.
7 was the first, possibly because that “era” represented is the first time the MCU started doing post credit scenes.

There is another in 8, which lends credence to that theory.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Are they even her kids though? Are they real kids or just constructed through the hex she created?
That is the question. Vision falling apart was a different effect than the objects (van/Monica’s clothes) that kept their changes outside of the hex. Maybe things manipulated stay unchanged outside the hex but life itself can’t retain its form. I really hope it doesn’t all end with Wanda having more heartache losing everything again. At the same time, it might not be undeserved considering the torment she is causing on the citizens of the town. Tough call.

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
That is the question. Vision falling apart was a different effect than the objects (van/Monica’s clothes) that kept their changes outside of the hex. Maybe things manipulated stay unchanged outside the hex but life itself can’t retain its form. I really hope it doesn’t all end with Wanda having more heartache losing everything again. At the same time, it might not be undeserved considering the torment she is causing on the citizens of the town. Tough call.
I have a suspicion that they all make it out of the Hex/are real. Because of the $ down the road clearly involved.

The twins because Marvel has been breaching the team for the Young Avengers for some time.

Pietro is the X-Men Pietro, grabbed from another dimension, because that’s Marvel’s “in” to bring in the X-Men fully realized, rather than starting from scratch.

And lastly, I’d expect Hex Vision to merge with/take possession of the White Vision body—if he needs it to exist outside the Hex.

Why? Because unlike the comics which come out frequently, the MCU doesn’t have the luxury of shuffling around back and forth with characters existing/not existing.

Once they’ve gone to the trouble of bringing a character into existence, it’s simply not efficient or cost effective to come up with another origin story. One way that the MCU and the comics differ.

Oh, and I would hardly be surprised if a large portion of the reason for this series existing (along with establishing Disney+ and setting up Doctor Strange 2) was just so they could add a handful of characters going forward.

Oh...and Disney+ and WandaVision have a lot of kid viewers invested in the show. No way they kill off a bunch of now-familiar faces—let alone the two kids they identify with.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Agreed. You’ve got to be really skilled at your craft to bring things to a big climax when you’re dealing with a length issue.

giphy.gif

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I think the kids are "real" as they have memories and have a timeline, albeit in the Hex. Hex-Vision on the other hand has no memories from before the snap - his only reality as Vision is completely what he experienced in the Hex. Vision's love for Wanda is the only carry over from the real Vision and is likely why the finale is going to be a heartbreaker.

I get that the kids and Hex-Vision have the same origin, but the kids still have an opportunity to learn/grow - similar to how Wanda & Peitro grew after the death of their parents, teamed up with Hydra, teamed up with Ultron and then eventually becoming Avengers. I think we'll likely see the Wanda's chaos magic & the magic Agatha has stored for 300 years could be enough to get the twins out of the Hex.

Reactions: JM4CY and cyfanatic

Tri4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 4, 2012
Des Moines
I see a lot of speculating but I recall coming across some history of the twins a while ago. I don't remember all of the details but it was a bit of a spoiler if they follow that path for this series.

I think they are part of the hex. In the comics I believe that they were able to be created by attaching themselves with fragments of soul from some other powerful being. Agatha I believe came back to claim those parts of the soul and take them back from Wanda. It had been a while since I came upon that information and I don't want to go back and research the fine details in hope that I'm still a bit surprised by how this one concludes.

I also remember that Agatha's monolog that she mentioned she was attracted to Westview because she could sense the power and what was going on there. Like a month to a flame she needed to get there and figure out just who was capable of this act and what is their source of power. Hence the whole walk through as she takes us through the entire series and the acts that she manipulated and put Wanda through as tests to Agatha could finally figure out who the hell this person was...the Scarlet Witch.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I am really enjoying the series, tho I have to read up after every episode since I didn't read the comics growing up. I watched a youtube video breaking down episode 8 that was 10 mins longer than the episode so not sure what that says about me.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
Emergency Awesome does a good job breaking down each episode in about 10min videos. Comics Explained and Comicstorian do a great job breaking down the comics and explaining a lot of the lore and character runs for those interested.

• Informative
Reactions: CYTUTT and MJ29

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
The New Rockstars also do a great job of breaking down each episode (usually an hour long YouTube video). But I really like their easter egg videos, which are much shorter, but point out little things that may or may not have significance or pay tribute to various things/people.

I also recommend the Nerdin' Out podcast for Marvel Monday. If anyone likes/liked The Woody Show (that was on Alt 106.3 before KXNO took over those airwaves), it's hosted by Ravey, Cameron, and Randy from that show.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone and State43

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron