What is your favorite Car Company?

What is your favorite car company?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
With the bailouts in high gear, it si a good time to weigh in on your favorite car company whether you own one or not. Then you can explain why if you want.

Last edited:

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Where's the option for "Who gives a crap?"

As long as it runs well and doesn't look like crap, I don't really care.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ford is really trying to build more small cars and be innovative when compared to the other two American companies. They also stashed cash for a year although that may not do them any good if their suppliers falter.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I don't really have a "favorite". I've owned GM, Chrysler, Ford and Saab. I dislike them all equally for different reasons, though the saab has been the least amount of trouble.

Had the most trouble with the GM, but it made it to 200k before anything too major kicked it in the butt (aside from paint problems).

I view pretty much every GM vehicle with suspicion.
I applaud Ford more than most for at least trying, even though I wish they would jsut bring their freaking Euro cars over as opposed to continuing to spew out the USDM stuff.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
I don't really have a favorite, but all of my cars have been GM's, so it won my vote by default.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I don't really have a "favorite". I've owned GM, Chrysler, Ford and Saab. I dislike them all equally for different reasons, though the saab has been the least amount of trouble.

Had the most trouble with the GM, but it made it to 200k before anything too major kicked it in the butt (aside from paint problems).

I view pretty much every GM vehicle with suspicion.
I applaud Ford more than most for at least trying, even though I wish they would jsut bring their freaking Euro cars over as opposed to continuing to spew out the USDM stuff.

Isn't Saab GM?:wink: (maybe they sold them off recently, but they were for some time)

My vote is BMW. If you've ever driven one, you'd know why. They aren't called the ultimate driving machine for nothing.

4 year 50000 all inclusive warranty sure doesn't hurt either. BMW builds a lot in South Carolina.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Isn't Saab GM?:wink: (maybe they sold them off recently, but they were for some time)

My vote is BMW. If you've ever driven one, you'd know why. They aren't called the ultimate driving machine for nothing.

4 year 50000 all inclusive warranty sure doesn't hurt either. BMW builds a lot in South Carolina.

Technically Saab is owned by GM (though they want to ditch them). They were all Saab designed and engineered before the "NG" saabs (the 94 and later 900 and the 9-3 and 9-5 lines) came around. the drivetrain is/was all saab, though, and most of them (aside from the badge engineered 9-2x) were built in Sweeden (where they also make the Cadilac BLS).

You'd be hard-pressed to find anything that's GM on the car, though, aside from a logo or two here or there.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I've had great luck w/ Honda Accords. They have been very predictable w/ the only maintenance I've ever done being the scheduled tune-ups in the owner's manual. We recently traded my wife's VW Jetta (lots of problems) for another Accord. The Accords seem to hold there value at trade-in time as well.

I'd stay away from VW Jetta's IMO. My wife and sister both had them (a blast to drive and the girls say they're "cute") but both cars had severe electrical issues and transmission problems with low mileage.

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
I'm a lot more happy in a pickup truck than a car. But if I had to drive a car it would have to be a 4 X 4. And in this part of the country, Subaru rules the off-road/snow world.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I have a Saturn.. and think go carts are pretty cool! :tongue::biglaugh:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron