Iowa Football Recruiting

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Sorry, but Brad Banks hardly even deserves to be on this list. He had one really good season behind the best OL in the country with some decent WRs, a good RB and an elite TE. He just did not have to do very much. Teams were so scared of that running game that all he did was toss it to open guys on play action. Even taking out the ISU guys, I would take Beathard, Stanzi and Tate any day of the week over Banks.
Rippin on a Heisman runner up, bold move Cotton.

• Winner
Reactions: Nate STANley

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Rippin on a Heisman runner up, bold move Cotton.

Sorry, I just don't think he was all that good. And the NFL proved that out. More a product of the system and really good talent around him. Anyone on that list could have done what he did. And most would do better. IMO.

• Disagree
Reactions: GoIaHawkS

GoIaHawkS

Feb 14, 2021
Sorry, I just don't think he was all that good. And the NFL proved that out. More a product of the system and really good talent around him. Anyone on that list could have done what he did. And most would do better. IMO.
Well all those guys on that list were good QB’s. Banks is the best I’ve personally ever watched at Iowa imo.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Well all those guys on that list were good QB’s. Banks is the best I’ve personally ever watched at Iowa imo.

I'm not saying he sucked. But teams were scared to death of that running game. There was no such thing as double coverage. He was hardly ever even hurried much less sacked. And when teams bit on play action, the windows he had to throw into were huge. The few times they were down and he had to beat teams with his arm, he couldn't. I was much more impressed with what Tate did with zero run game to help him out. Or Seneca or Beathard or Stanzi with a much less dangerous offense around them.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
If you're comparing what they did as pros then Sage would be on the list. Otherwise Banks belongs on top.