*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Here's another interesting stat, in the last four years on the road in the Big 12 Prohm has lost the 30 games by 12.6 points on average.
and I thought Conditt was playing his ass off. Sure he made mistakes but he was battling in there.
GC played 13 minutes with 4 fouls and made 1 basket (1 for 1). Not sure I would call that battling.

Reactions: aobie

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
GC played 13 minutes with 4 fouls and made 1 basket (1 for 1). Not sure I would call that battling.

But he had a number of good plays within that time; saving balls from going out of bounds, blocking a shot while keeping it in bounds for us, playing with tons of hustle, etc. I thought he had a really good game, limited minutes and all.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
But he had a number of good plays within that time; saving balls from going out of bounds, blocking a shot while keeping it in bounds for us, playing with tons of hustle, etc. I thought he had a really good game, limited minutes and all.

He maximized his impact in the game. He's not going to be a guy that's going to give us 12/8. He was disruptive on defense and did a lot of little things. That's the player he is and can be.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Losses to ranked teams:

BU 76-65 (down 5 with 2 minutes left)
BU 77-72 (led entire game until 4:11 left)
WVU 70-65
WVU 76-72
UT 78-72
OU 79-72

Not good enough, obviously, but playing that many close games against good teams leads me to believe there's something there to build upon.

Yeah, and have to wonder how a healthy Foster and Hinson might have helped.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Yeah, and have to wonder how a healthy Foster and Hinson might have helped.

Foster alone could of gotten us another win or two. His high pick and pop ability would of helped a ton and opened up the lane a bit more for Bolton. We are too easy to guard in that high ball screen action we run all the time since Solo and GC don’t shoot out side of 15 ft.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
Theres a reason he doesnt do that much.....hes terrible at it lol but I like his defense
This was the possession at the end of the shot clock when Rasir dumped it off to an open Tre, but he passes up the 3 and puts up an awful floater. I don't want Tre shooting a whole lot, but the open 3 was by far the best option in that situation.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
This was the possession at the end of the shot clock when Rasir dumped it off to an open Tre, but he passes up the 3 and puts up an awful floater. I don't want Tre shooting a whole lot, but the open 3 was by far the best option in that situation.
I agree but the kid def has zero confidence in his shot.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I realized last night when watching that we are a poor man's 2018-2019 team. No real identity, no real preparation, just reliant on individual efforts in hopes we win. Unfortunately, however, this year we don't have individuals that can carry us the way the 2018-2019 team did.

JCL is basically in the Shayok role. We rely on him to make tough shots every game. Rarely sees an open shot, and if he's not making the tough ones we are in big trouble.

Harris is basically Lindell. Has moments where he looks explosive and can be dangerous, and moments where he can play out of control. Never quite sure what you are going to get on a given night.

Johnson is THT. Has moments where he makes some great plays and is even capable of taking over a game at times. But also has games where he completely doesn't show up.

Solo is Jacobson. Playing out of possession. Good effort, but limited physically.

Basically you have a similar roster makeup, but with less talented players.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Losses to ranked teams:

BU 76-65 (down 5 with 2 minutes left)
BU 77-72 (led entire game until 4:11 left)
WVU 70-65
WVU 76-72
UT 78-72
OU 79-72

Not good enough, obviously, but playing that many close games against good teams leads me to believe there's something there to build upon.

And you left out the 20-30 point blowouts to unranked teams. Yes, we have been close in some games but haven't won a single one of them. But we've also lost by huge spreads in record fashion. You can't buy a coin and not own both sides of it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

2nd half he played well, first half, he was lost. I thought it was notable though, that we really haven't seen him recover like this and finish the game well. Typically, once he gets off the rails, he totally tanks. I was happy to see him recover and play well. It did probably help him that as the game went on when Drew took out his only big any time George was on the floor. Baylor gave him absolutely no respect.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
2nd half he played well, first half, he was lost. I thought it was notable though, that we really haven't seen him recover like this and finish the game well. Typically, once he gets off the rails, he totally tanks. I was happy to see him recover and play well. It did probably help him that as the game went on when Drew took out his only big any time George was on the floor. Baylor gave him absolutely no respect.
First half he was lost. lol. He had 2 offensive fouls in under 3 minutes, he wasn't lost. He wasn't on the floor in the first half.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I realized last night when watching that we are a poor man's 2018-2019 team. No real identity, no real preparation, just reliant on individual efforts in hopes we win. Unfortunately, however, this year we don't have individuals that can carry us the way the 2018-2019 team did.

JCL is basically in the Shayok role. We rely on him to make tough shots every game. Rarely sees an open shot, and if he's not making the tough ones we are in big trouble.

Harris is basically Lindell. Has moments where he looks explosive and can be dangerous, and moments where he can play out of control. Never quite sure what you are going to get on a given night.

Johnson is THT. Has moments where he makes some great plays and is even capable of taking over a game at times. But also has games where he completely doesn't show up.

Solo is Jacobson. Playing out of possession. Good effort, but limited physically.

Basically you have a similar roster makeup, but with less talented players.

Yeah, none of that really fits.
JCL has open corner threes all the time, and he's deadly there.
The Harris one, no.
Johnson isn't even the poorest man's THT.
Solo and effort go together sometimes, but rarely for long stretches.

It was clever, but none of those work.