Could Our Football Team Perform Better than Our Basketball Team In Its Current State?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ThePUNisher96

Mar 14, 2019
Thought exercise: Take the five best basketball players (e.g. the players that have the most experience with high school basketball) from the football team and make them the starting line up of the men's basketball team and make Campbell the coach of the basketball team.

Does this lineup perform better than our current starting lineup with Prohm at the helm?

I think it might

Edit: Of course as soon as I say this it turns out the MBB team is playing well against Baylor so admittedly yes it was a dumb question to ask but it was meant as a purely hypothetical question and wasn't mean spirited at all.

Also is there a way to delete OPs in this forum because I can't seem to find it.

Last edited:

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Thought exercise: Take the five best basketball players (e.g. the players that have the most experience with high school basketball) from the football team and make them the starting line up of the men's basketball team and make Campbell the coach of the basketball team.

Does this lineup perform better than our current starting lineup with Prohm at the helm?

I think it might
All they have to do is win once to be better and do nothing to be even. The answer is probably not but the fact that the worst case scenario means that they tie is a massive oof

ThePUNisher96

Mar 14, 2019
All they have to do is win once to be better and do nothing to be even. The answer is probably not but the fact that the worst case scenario means that they tie is a massive oof
That's the most damning aspect of the state of our basketball program right now

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
When I was a kid, I used to ask “why doesn’t Nebraska play in the NFL?”

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

I think it might
If they went head-to-head, our basketball team would destroy them.