*** Official Iowa State Season Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
It’s not a weird turn. They don’t have the opportunity to get jobs because all their time is spent pursuing their sport.

so if they’re adults, and should be treated as such, then why wouldn’t they deserve compensation like any adult would for doing a job?

edit: Or are you boys really saying you want to pretend they are adults so you can rationalize bashing them for not meeting your standards?

Yes, it is a weird turn. They can absolutely work and won’t have student debt. Must be rough for them. I would’ve killed to not have the debt I did, and I worked during college, too.

Your weird ramblings need to end.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cat Stevens

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
So you and the other guy (?) are saying that they should be paid?

is that what you’re saying by calling them adults? They need to be compensated for their work and likeness?
tenor.png

Reactions: SolarGarlic

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not saying it is necessarily right on a message board, either, but claiming on a message board that some of our players aren't very good, and thus why we stink, along with our coaches stinking isn't that bad. It's not like we are yammering for someone to take out their knees or hurt their family, lol. Goodness people.

Also, I highly doubt anyone was paying good money to see you make a sandwich at Subway. Little bit of a reach with that one there, ya think?

I actually think there's been some stuff thrown out there this year in threatening mode toward CSP but maybe that was just here say.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
There are many things that can be true at the same time.

1. We don’t want to disrespect the players in the program. They came here to have success and we can wish they achieve it.

2. We can look at what has happened so far in their careers and look at what happened with other players at this point and make reasonable assumptions about their development or potential IMO.

3. Prohm is by all accounts a good guy and he doesn’t deserve personal attacks. He’s also lowered expectations for Iowa State basketball basically to zero for me and a lot of fans and deserves to be fired.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
There are many things that can be true at the same time.

1. We don’t want to disrespect the players in the program. They came here to have success and we can wish they achieve it.

2. We can look at what has happened so far in their careers and look at what happened with other players at this point and make reasonable assumptions about their development or potential IMO.

3. Prohm is by all accounts a good guy and he doesn’t deserve personal attacks. He’s also lowered expectations for Iowa State basketball basically to zero for me and a lot of fans and deserves to be fired.

I agree. Then you have Stevens coming in hot to do whatever schtick they are trying.

mplueg

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 27, 2009
Honest question - I have heard numerous past players talk so highly of Iowa State and the fans but have any defended Phrom and his coaching? Not trying to be smart, I honestly don’t know and am curious.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Honest question - I have heard numerous past players talk so highly of Iowa State and the fans but have any defended Phrom and his coaching? Not trying to be smart, I honestly don’t know and am curious.
Tyrese's dad and I want to say Conditt's dad have. Otherwise i don't think so