Rank the Freshmen

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Prohm the point guard whisperer, who inherited Cam Payne and Monte Morris. Won the power ball with Halliburton.
We are clearly beyond this point with Prohm and the Cyclone fanbase:

If one morning I walked on top of the water across the Potomac River, the headline that afternoon would read: 'President Can't Swim. ' - Lyndon Johnson

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I mean Fran has a proven track record of developing guys. Marble, White, Uthoff, Jok, and Garza going to be twice (1st team all Big10 players). That is 5 players at 4 different positions into 1st team all Big10 players in the last 8 years.

Compare that to what Prohm has developed in his time at ISU, it just isn't close. Halliburton is where his list begins and ends. Wigginton was never 1st team All Big12, same with Horton Tucker.

So why would people all of a sudden think that Walker, Dubar, and Blackwell will suddenly develop under Prhom? Murry, Perkins or Ulis have a much greater chance of actually developing history shows than anyone under Prohm.

NorthEnder

Jan 28, 2021
I mean Fran has a proven track record of developing guys. Marble, White, Uthoff, Jok, and Garza going to be twice (1st team all Big10 players). That is 5 players at 4 different positions into 1st team all Big10 players in the last 8 years.

Compare that to what Prohm has developed in his time at ISU, it just isn't close. Halliburton is where his list begins and ends. Wigginton was never 1st team All Big12, same with Horton Tucker.

So why would people all of a sudden think that Walker, Dubar, and Blackwell will suddenly develop under Prhom? Murry, Perkins or Ulis have a much greater chance of actually developing history shows than anyone under Prohm.

Haliburton was never first team all Big 12, either.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with you on this lol

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I don't have a lot of faith for our FR to develop under Prohm. But all signs currently point to them either leaving this year after he does or possibly getting a shot at redemption next year with our new coach.

With the guys you mention, sure you can give Fran credit for development. But sometimes boys just become men on their own. I don't give Fred too many props for developing Niang. Naz too, worked very hard on his own and in his spare time to improve his game. Sounds kind of like Garza. Sometimes guys just come in as a stud and leave as a stud. I think I'd lump Marble, uthoff and Jok in that category at least, of the guys you mentioned. The others certainly had to put in the work.

NorthEnder

Jan 28, 2021
I don't have a lot of faith for our FR to develop under Prohm. But all signs currently point to them either leaving this year after he does or possibly getting a shot at redemption next year with our new coach.

With the guys you mention, sure you can give Fran credit for development. But sometimes boys just become men on their own. I don't give Fred too many props for developing Niang. Naz too, worked very hard on his own and in his spare time to improve his game. Sounds kind of like Garza. Sometimes guys just come in as a stud and leave as a stud. I think I'd lump Marble, uthoff and Jok in that category at least, of the guys you mentioned. The others certainly had to put in the work.

Marble was a Lickliter recruit that also had offers from Buffalo, Dayton, Detroit, Fairfield and Providence and averaged less than 6 PPG on a bad team his freshman year at Iowa.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
What does draft slot have to do with an all conference team?
Dotson averaged 18, 4, and 4. Haliburton averaged 15, 6, and 6.5.

Not saying it for sure would've been Dotson, and it could've been Bane from TCU, but had Haliburton not gotten hurt he would've most likely ended up getting 1st All-Conference.

• Winner
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron