ISU Season paused indefinitely.

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Are we assuming these guys are missing because of covid or defections?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Well at least they will be back on the court. If it is the deep reserves that play and they at least play cohesively on D and try to pass the ball on offense it will be a improvement.

I would definitely hope they don't keep trying to dribble drive.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Prohm mentioned that players who have tested negative have been able to go back to the practice facility to prepare for Monday. So far I’ve noticed Harris, Dubar, Blackwell and Walker working out. Prohm also mentioned the 4 walkons might have to play. That would be an interesting 9 man roster but I’m sure there’s at least 3 more scholarship guys that will be able to play. They just haven’t posted anything about being in the practice facility. I wouldn’t mind seeing Walker, Dubar and Blackwell be forced to play 25+ minutes.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Prohm mentioned that players who have tested negative have been able to go back to the practice facility to prepare for Monday. So far I’ve noticed Harris, Dubar, Blackwell and Walker working out. Prohm also mentioned the 4 walkons might have to play. That would be an interesting 9 man roster but I’m sure there’s at least 3 more scholarship guys that will be able to play. They just haven’t posted anything about being in the practice facility. I wouldn’t mind seeing Walker, Dubar and Blackwell be forced to play 25+ minutes.

I hope to hell that those players play the whole game. They need some serious playing time. I mean whats the point of continuing to get killed with guys who won't be around here much longer. Might as well get killed with freshman so they can get some game action.

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I'm afraid the lack of practice could make the rest of the season uglier than 0-fer ugly.

If they actually show improvement, I'm not sure that says a lot about the coach.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Throw in the towel for the season and then start the spin that Prohm would have got things together and won several more games if not for covid

In fairness, something like this will be JP's excuse to give CSP another year - "covid, weird season, young team no practices, etc etc". JP may even say it outloud - "finances are tight, prioritizing where we spend what we do have" with the implication being we don't want to pay 2 bball coaches when we are trying to get CMC and staff more funds.

You can debate if that is penny wise and pound foolish or not. But it is most likely outcome, imho.

All that said, I bet JP is working hard to find CSP a landing spot somewhere smaller, lower pressure, and further south. CSP might even be working with him on that, if he is truly as beat down as he looked in that TT presser. He might want out as bad as we want him out.