ISU Season paused indefinitely.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
They’re not dodging but will it be logistically possible to make up 4 games?

Season ends 2/27 and Big 12 tournament starts 3/10? Can you play 4 makeup games in 9 days leading into the conference tournament? Do the teams safely inside the ncaa bubble even want to? Does ISU sitting at ~4 wins?
If it came down picking which games get made up, have to think games involving ISU would be low priority.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and Messi

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
NCAA can't afford another financial hit so the "Final Four" tournament will happen. I would suspect that the qualifiers will be bracketed in a dark room. It will be done by percentage of wins since so many games will not happen in the regular season. I could see a lot of conference tournaments get canceled.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
On the contrary. Thinking it would improve their win-loss record, I think they'd want ISU.
Possibly, seems to me that games that could have a positive impact for the conference postseason chances would be prioritized. Playing ISU is all risk, no reward, when it comes to making the NCAA's.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
Possibly, seems to me that games that could have a positive impact for the conference postseason chances would be prioritized. Playing ISU is all risk, no reward, when it comes to making the NCAA's.

Just playing ISU will hurt their computer ranking.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This game was probably expected to be cancelled wasn't it? The thing that disappoints me is the lack of transparency when coach Fennelly was contact traced, he just announced it and stayed away from the team and had coach Steyer fill in for a couple of games. I know there are Hippa rules and such, but hell let people know what is going on.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Why not just say screw it and try to play with walk-ons? The results couldn't be that much worse. And might actually be more entertaining to watch play out.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
On the contrary. Thinking it would improve their win-loss record, I think they'd want ISU.

All that matters is NET Rankings now. ISU is 200th in the NET Ranking. Probably hurts the top 7 teams in the league to have to play us win or lose because it's going to kill their SOS.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Why not just say screw it and try to play with walk-ons? The results couldn't be that much worse. And might actually be more entertaining to watch play out.
Interesting concept, I think they call it "tanking" in the professional ranks when the team is out of the running and positioning for a higher draft position. In this case, it wouldn't hurt attendance or revenue but the Big 12 Commish might frown along with the TV folks.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Any word if the Okie St game has a chance to be played on Monday?

Nothing yet, which I’ll take as good(ish) news. I picked up tickets for this game about an hour before the pause was announced. Oops.