ISU Season paused indefinitely.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Texas game cancelled
Not surprising. It seems most teams pausing season are postponing games for 7-10 days.

I will be curious with all the Big12 games cancelled whether the Big12/SEC Challenge is played. Maybe replace Mississippi State with a Big 12 game. Also with the number of games cancelled, will the Big12 add some late week games. ISU plays either Monday or Tuesday games weekday games rest of season, seems like they could add a Thursday game to make up for postponements.

The gap week at end of season might not be enough.

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I guess I haven't paid attention to other team's postponements this basketball season and what the communication protocol has been. Football teams would actually straight up say they have positive cases.

Will we get any insight at all as to what "covid protocol" means? We will know if someone is positive, and when they tested (so that we have an idea of how many days of quarantine are required)? or are they just contact tracing because of someone around KUs facilities when they traveled to Lawrence?

Or will we just get some vague game postponement announcements indefinitely?

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Until we get ateast guys who are good college offensive players that have ability to score 20 a game, we will struggle. We have not had a scorer since niang. We don't have guys who can shoot good enough last few years. We have the roll players, just not the "men".

Pretty sure our issues in the basketball program are bigger than players.

Teams that don't play great on-ball defense, don't rebound and don't get to the free throw-line are fundamentally broke. That falls on the offensive/defensive schemes and technical instruction provided by the coaching staff.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I guess I haven't paid attention to other team's postponements this basketball season and what the communication protocol has been. Football teams would actually straight up say they have positive cases.

Will we get any insight at all as to what "covid protocol" means? We will know if someone is positive, and when they tested (so that we have an idea of how many days of quarantine are required)? or are they just contact tracing because of someone around KUs facilities when they traveled to Lawrence?

I would think basketball is a #'s game. With only 13ish players, there isn't as much social distancing opportunities in practice. If a couple players test positive, with contract tracing it is probably easy to lose 5-7 players quickly.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Varies team to team. Some teams report positives, other remain pretty mysterious about it. Might depend on if players are okay with them being cited as testing positive? Seems we knew last night vs Baylor which players were positive tests and not just quarantined as a precaution.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
It is going to be a weird year to seed the tournament because teams are not going to have the same amount of games, fewer non con games to judge overall strength etc.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
It is going to be a weird year to seed the tournament because teams are not going to have the same amount of games, fewer non con games to judge overall strength etc.

The tourney is big enough that anyone that should be in it will be, but yeah the seedings might be a little screwy.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
That falls on the offensive/defensive schemes and technical instruction provided by the coaching staff.

Your last sentence is the single best description I have read about what's wrong with ISU basketball under CSP.

No discernible schemes, and no effective technical instruction.

Reactions: PineClone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
So at this point are we even going to be able to play a full 18-game conference schedule?

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Throw in the towel for the season and then start the spin that Prohm would have got things together and won several more games if not for covid

Reactions: socalcy

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
They’re not dodging but will it be logistically possible to make up 4 games?

Season ends 2/27 and Big 12 tournament starts 3/10? Can you play 4 makeup games in 9 days leading into the conference tournament? Do the teams safely inside the ncaa bubble even want to? Does ISU sitting at ~4 wins?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron