ISU Season paused indefinitely.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The football build is glorious. All responsible should be proud and rewarded.

The destruction of the basketball program is breathtaking. $3 million plus spent annually on CSP and assistant salaries.

Donors must be sick.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Near 5 start PG incoming will help. I also believe losing Solo will be an addition to this team. And you never know who will transfer into the program. You may get a Hans Brase or a Mariol Shayok

hans brace not so much.... what would do this team good is a jake Anderson or Dustin hogue type guy who’s going to go out, be a bulldog, and roundhouse some dudes with a toothpick in his mouth

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Near 5 start PG incoming will help. I also believe losing Solo will be an addition to this team. And you never know who will transfer into the program. You may get a Hans Brase or a Mariol Shayok

ISU had the potential NBA ROTY of the year last year running PG and still went 10-12 with him before he was hurt. Tyrese Hunter may be a stud freshman but doubt he moves the needle in the W/L column any more than Haliburton did

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
ISU had the potential NBA ROTY of the year last year running PG and still went 10-12 with him before he was hurt. Tyrese Hunter may be a stud freshman but doubt he moves the needle in the W/L column any more than Haliburton did

he’s definitely a nice piece but Prohm (or whoever is in the position) is going to have to pull in at least one immediately eligible DUDE that can go out and get buckets as well probably needs to find a dude that will go out and push for 10 rbs a game. If the coach does that, they may compete. You’d have Bolton, hunter, dude 1, dude 2, Hinson, Johnson, and hopefully X takes a step forward and sticks around.

That’s a lot of ifs and quite frankly I don’t see it happening but in my mind, that is the minimum that needs to happen.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

We’ve been saying some version of this for 3 years now.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Does anyone know if there's any discussion about extra eligibility for bb players that miss the majority of their season?

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
We could really use brases 2.5 pts and 4 rebounds?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
Does anyone know if there's any discussion about extra eligibility for bb players that miss the majority of their season?
I thought they already determined that everyone that plays this year gets another year of eligibility. Mitch Lightfoot might leave Kansas with a Masters degree.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Prohm gets 1 more year due to COVID's budget shortfalls and a near 5 star PG incoming. He is gone unless we make the 2022 NCAA tourney

^This. Lot of people do not understanding, or refuse to accept, how bad the budget impacts are for most schools. Not every school can just reach back and open another of their surplus bags of money like Texas.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Campbell said they had positives during the season too. One football player not listening is not the same as one basketball player (assuming it is a player). And we don’t even know if it was someone who was not being safe. With this virus, we’ve seen that you can be reasonably safe and still get it.
Indoor versus outdoor sport as well. But the genius medical experts in the Big Ten were originally considering a spring indoor football schedule. One player gets exposed in basketball, your whole team and staff are exposed. Football is bigger spaces and more compartmentalized.