Cancel Mexico Vacation time?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
We have a trip mid February to Mexico. Most of us will be vaccinated. I don’t see why proof of that wouldn’t allow you to fly. The terms of having it and recovered are vague. Is it 90 days since you recovered or what exactly is it?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
We have a trip mid February to Mexico. Most of us will be vaccinated. I don’t see why proof of that wouldn’t allow you to fly. The terms of having it and recovered are vague. Is it 90 days since you recovered or what exactly is it?

What if I have had a COVID-19 vaccine? Do I still need a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of recovery from COVID-19?
Yes, all air passengers traveling to the US, regardless of vaccination status, are required to provide a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

From the link provided by @chuckd4735

What if I recently recovered from COVID-19?
CDC does not recommend getting tested again in the three months after a positive viral test, as long as you do not have symptoms of COVID-19. If you have had a positive viral test in the past 3 months, and you have met the criteria to end isolation, you may travel instead with documentation of your positive viral test results and a letter from your healthcare provider or a public health official that states you have been cleared for travel. The positive test result and letter together are referred to as “documentation of recovery.”

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
Glad I got out of my Mexico job when I did. Not a chance in hell my location in rural Oaxaca was going to have a COVID vaccine available for me.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
@dirtyninety why did you dumb my post?

St Lucia is heavily dependent on tourism and they have had very few cases. In fact the few cases they have had were all traced back to the illegal drug trade and smugglers coming illegally from neighboring islands. They required the test because they wanted to keep the virus from going crazy on their island. I for one welcomed it, knowing when I was at the resort I was actually safer from the virus there than if I was still back in the US.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
One of the major pharmaceuticals said it's never going away. Vaccine is only 90 to 150 days immunity.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
One of the major pharmaceuticals said it's never going away. Vaccine is only 90 to 150 days immunity.

Link? I'm not seeing that being reported anywhere about the 90 to 150 day immunity limitation.

Reactions: Angie

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
From everything I'm seeing, most resorts are going to have a method of testing available. So for me, getting the test is not the issue. The issue for me, is the outside chance I test positive, and have to stay an extra 14 days...

LOL. I’ve been reading this thread and up until this post I was like....”Uhhhhhhh”. Glad someone gets it.

cyfan4

May 21, 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
@dirtyninety why did you dumb my post?

St Lucia is heavily dependent on tourism and they have had very few cases. In fact the few cases they have had were all traced back to the illegal drug trade and smugglers coming illegally from neighboring islands. They required the test because they wanted to keep the virus from going crazy on their island. I for one welcomed it, knowing when I was at the resort I was actually safer from the virus there than if I was still back in the US.

Probably because you're talking about a negative test to fly into St. Lucia while the OP was talking about getting a negative test to fly back into the US within 3 days of your incoming flight. And the possibility of getting stranded in Mexico.
In your scenario, if you test positive, you stay home. Nbd.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Link? I'm not seeing that being reported anywhere about the 90 to 150 day immunity limitation.

No link, just first hand info from customers that are doctors or work for the medical industry. My parents had it a couple months ago and they're already wearingasks again per recommendation of their doctor. Not sure why the vaccine would give you better immunity than natural antibodies.

• Informative
Reactions: cycloneG

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
No link, just first hand info from customers that are doctors or work for the medical industry. My parents had it a couple months ago and they're already wearingasks again per recommendation of their doctor. Not sure why the vaccine would give you better immunity than natural antibodies.

This is a pretty good article.

Reactions: ISULibrarian

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I don't think that the recommendation is to stop wearing masks after getting the vaccine at all. Our organization has largely been vaccinated, and we are still to mask. No vaccine is 100%, and the COVID vax is 90%. That means that still 1 in 10 are going to get it, anyway. And they're still not entirely clear on if you can be an asymptomatic carrier with the vax.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I don't think that the recommendation is to stop wearing masks after getting the vaccine at all. Our organization has largely been vaccinated, and we are still to mask. No vaccine is 100%, and the COVID vax is 90%. That means that still 1 in 10 are going to get it, anyway. And they're still not entirely clear on if you can be an asymptomatic carrier with the vax.

That's strange. That means that people will never get to not wear a mask again. Once I get the first and second shot. I am not going to wear a mask ever.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

All the information I'd seen said vacs were 94-95%.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
UPDATE: When I first scheduled the trip I got the trip insurance...I then was called and told the room I wanted wasn't available so I had to upgrade. The upgrade was going to cost an extra $900 so I dropped the insurance...thinking no way they would close the borders again.

So I'm out 5K or I take the risk of getting stuck in Mexico for two extra weeks.

I'm about 99% sure my wife and I had it over thanksgiving but we never tested. Both kids might of had it but can't be sure (both had headaches about that time).

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
That's strange. That means that people will never get to not wear a mask again. Once I get the first and second shot. I am not going to wear a mask ever.

Mask until we at least get the masses vaccinated and get some herd immunity at least.

You can possibly be a carrier. You wear a mask For OTHERS. If you can save even one life by wearing a mask, and you refuse to do it?

That says more about your selfishness and lack of character than anything.