Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Raphael, the most attitude on the team

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Michelangelo, who is one of a kind

Votes: 17 30.4%

• Total voters

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I thought the O.G. Henson one at least was accurate in showing the backstory but I haven't watched one since Vanilla Ice's last ditch effort.

'Hey, there's a bunch of huge mutant animals fighting in the middle of my show. Should we panic or come up with a new song for them to perform a synchronized dance to?'

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I thought the O.G. Henson one at least was accurate in showing the backstory but I haven't watched one since Vanilla Ice's last ditch effort.

'Hey, there's a bunch of huge mutant animals fighting in the middle of my show. Should we panic or come up with a new song for them to perform a synchronized dance to?'
I don’t consider the ones made a few years ago as cannon. As far as I’m concerned, those took place in an alternate, unrelated universe.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I really wish they would have made the lice action ones from the 90s as darks as they were originally supposed to be. Could you imagine Christopher Nolan with these movies?!

Reactions: Angie

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I really wish they would have made the lice action ones from the 90s as darks as they were originally supposed to be. Could you imagine Christopher Nolan with these movies?!
I think the first one had the potential based on its audience. Secret of the Ooze got pretty exaggerated comedy though.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Donatello is the best turtle, and it isn't even close. (Oddly, NOT even close to the best artist of the namesakes.)

Krang didn't even make an appearance in the live-action movies (apparently, according to Google, until the second of the Megan Fox jigglefests). How could they be in the same universe? Apparently same with Bebop and Rocksteady. Those three characters couldn't have gone unnoticed - they were major allies of Shredder in the cartoons. Has to be a different universe.

Reactions: GTO

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Donatello is the best turtle, and it isn't even close. (Oddly, NOT even close to the best artist of the namesakes.)

Krang didn't even make an appearance in the live-action movies (apparently, according to Google, until the second of the Megan Fox jigglefests). How could they be in the same universe? Apparently same with Bebop and Rocksteady. Those three characters couldn't have gone unnoticed - they were major allies of Shredder in the cartoons. Has to be a different universe.
Wasn’t in Secret of the Ooze? Or was that just a bastardization of him?

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The 1990 film is one of my all-time favorite movies and only seems to get better for me with every viewing. I quote that movie like crazy. Its amazing how much everything in that movie holds up for me and I still hold those turtle costumes were the best thing the Henson Company ever produced. While I liked the second one as a kid, it only gets worse later as an adult and over time. As for every other movie since, I've found them all differing levels of terrible.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Wasn’t in Secret of the Ooze? Or was that just a bastardization of him?

I had to google that, because the last time we watched any of the OG TMNT movies was trying to get my little boy into them a couple of years ago. It looks like Professor Perry (who I don't really remember) was supposed to be a bastardization of him (item 1): LINK

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I'm not a massive fan (other than the classic arcade/nes/snes/genesis video games which I am a huge fan of) but I did a little work on these crazy deluxe 24" statues based on the Out of the Shadows movie:
tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-bebop-statue-vault-productions-902744-01__59837.1464975009.jpg

rocksteady_tmnt_gallery_5c4dd045695b2.jpg

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I'm not a massive fan (other than the classic arcade/nes/snes/genesis video games which I am a huge fan of) but I did a little work on these crazy deluxe 24" statues based on the Out of the Shadows movie:
tmnt-out-of-the-shadows-bebop-statue-vault-productions-902744-01__59837.1464975009.jpg

rocksteady_tmnt_gallery_5c4dd045695b2.jpg

Those are quite cool. Everything Sideshow/Hot Toys does is.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Those are quite cool. Everything Sideshow/Hot Toys does is.

Their office is near mine and about 3-4 times a year we do some work with them.

If you told me I could spend an hour in their office, or an hour at Star Wars Galaxy's edge with no lines/crowds...it'd be a touch choice. You especially would love one room where they have 9 exact replica full size Iron Man suits. It's really unbelievable.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Their office is near mine and about 3-4 times a year we do some work with them.

If you told me I could spend an hour in their office, or an hour at Star Wars Galaxy's edge with no lines/crowds...it'd be a touch choice. You especially would love one room where they have 9 exact replica full size Iron Man suits. It's really unbelievable.

Wowsers. I would love to see that. I eat that type of stuff up. While I currently have ZERO hot toys, I'd own 1,000 of them if my wife and finances let me, including every single life-size replica they make. I'm just stoked she allowed me to buy a legacy lightsaber from Galaxy's edge this past fall, which is automatically now one of my favorite possessions. I also really enjoyed checking out Avengers Station in Vegas while I was there where they had Iron Man's Hall of Armor, as well as a bunch of other sweet stuff. Lets just say my wife dropped me off for a few hours on that one to graciously let me geek out all by myself.

P.S. if you ever have some promotional freebies to send out to someone like myself, I'd ever so graciously take them. My wife might even let me keep them.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
"Forgiveness is Divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - my wife gets sick of me saying this every time we order pizza.

The original TMNT movie is amazing, and I watched it with my 9 year old recently, and it has aged incredibly well.

This is great read if you have time:

Raphael is the best. Nothing gets done without him.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
"Forgiveness is Divine, but never pay full price for late pizza." - my wife gets sick of me saying this every time we order pizza.

The original TMNT movie is amazing, and I watched it with my 9 year old recently, and it has aged incredibly well.

This is great read if you have time:

Raphael is the best. Nothing gets done without him.

I literally can quote every line in that movie before they say it and I'm not even remotely exaggerating

Reactions: cyhiphopp

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I think the first one had the potential based on its audience. Secret of the Ooze got pretty exaggerated comedy though.

Looking back the 1990 movie is so far and away the best one. I've never heard anyone argue otherwise. I'm pretty sure the combat and story were stripped down and made more "kid friendly" for the 2nd due to concerned parents complaining about the 1st.

As a kid I loved TMNT 2. It was the only one available to rent at the Casey's in town, but if given the option I probably would have gone for 2 more often than 1. It's obvious that the 2nd one was targeted more at kids than the 1st.
And since the TMNT cartoons and movies came to existence primarily to sell toys it makes sense that this happened (no matter how unfortunate and unromantic it is to think about).

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Looking back the 1990 movie is so far and away the best one. I've never heard anyone argue otherwise. I'm pretty sure the combat and story were stripped down and made more "kid friendly" for the 2nd due to concerned parents complaining about the 1st.

As a kid I loved TMNT 2. It was the only one available to rent at the Casey's in town, but if given the option I probably would have gone for 2 more often than 1. It's obvious that the 2nd one was targeted more at kids than the 1st.
And since the TMNT cartoons and movies came to existence primarily to sell toys it makes sense that this happened (no matter how unfortunate and unromantic it is to think about).

Being a kid at that time there was something pretty magic about that first TMNT movie and the first Batman movie.

They felt like cartoons and comics come to life, but as a kid I also somehow felt 'grown up' watching them.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

It is worth noting that the writer of the original movie is in the process of trying to get a sequel made to the original. I read this article a few weeks ago even though it kind of slipped lightly through the news cycle. I would kill to see this happen, especially if The Hensen Company came back to reproduce those original costumes.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
The original movie is superior to its two sequels by far. Secret of the Ooze was sillier but still had a solid feel to it. Turtles in Time, I was older and didn't care as much, and it's just not a great movie.

I haven't even seen the new ones because I wasn't going to pay to go see them and haven't found them for free or on any streaming services I use.