Players staying and leaving for 21-22 season

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
It’s not fair to Hummel with how much he’s given to this team and the effort he puts out there every game, but that dropped INT in the championship game will forever be burned into my brain.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It’s not fair to Hummel with how much he’s given to this team and the effort he puts out there every game, but that dropped INT in the championship game will forever be burned into my brain.

Can you refresh my memory? I don't remember him dropping a sure INT. Was it a ball that should have been caught or would it have required a really good play by him?

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Can you refresh my memory? I don't remember him dropping a sure INT. Was it a ball that should have been caught or would it have required a really good play by him?

It was a sure INT. Then OU scored a TD shortly after. It happens.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't see that as likely, he's moving up the depth chart by Kene leaving. He's 1 play away from being the every down back and likely will see the field a whole lot regardless.
Don't see what as likely? The poster asked if he had missed anyone. Putting him on the list as returning will solve the problem.

nrg4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Don't see what as likely? The poster asked if he had missed anyone. Putting him on the list as returning will solve the problem.

I guess I see this like the inclusion of Scates. I haven't seen anything that makes me think J. Brock would be on the fence and being an underclassmen without NFL hype, the expectation would be that he'd be back. Of course there's always exceptions (see Bankston).

Are you saying J. Brock has said specifically that he'll be back?

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Enyi coming back is crazy good. Hummel as well, really good player.

suprised to seek josh Bailey transfer. He did a good job here, he will do well wherever he goes as well. And will be in high demand .

Reactions: khardbored

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I guess I see this like the inclusion of Scates. I haven't seen anything that makes me think J. Brock would be on the fence and being an underclassmen without NFL hype, the expectation would be that he'd be back. Of course there's always exceptions (see Bankston).

Brock has said he will be back. I don’t know why people are asking every player if they are leaving but whatever.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Enyi coming back is crazy good. Hummel as well, really good player.

suprised to seek josh Bailey transfer. He did a good job here, he will do well wherever he goes as well. And will be in high demand .

I agree, these are two hugely positive events for our defense.

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
I think the kicking situation next year will be Assaley less than 30 yards and whoever our new transfer kicker is more than 30 yards. Unless the new kicker is just better in both areas

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think it was the play where Vance tipped it at the line, then it hit Hummel in the hands, then the OU receiver caught for around 17 yards.

Rattler did the exact same thing for a TD against Baylor. Bounced off a defenders hands right to one of their guys. Guy is too good to be lucky too.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

No, I'm saying he should appear on at least one of the categories listed. If he hasn't said he is a "significant player TBD".

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
These players coming back, that's awesome for 2021. But for long-term success, how does this affect the underclassmen who will get less playing time next year?

We've all been hinting at it, but it's a legitimate concern. Can't lose someone (by transfer) who would really contribute the next three years in exchange for a possibly slightly better 2021 season. And how much better can 2021 be? Sure we have some good ones returning, but so do our opponents I'm sure. Could be a wash?

So far I'm not aware of any backlash from these returning seniors, just hope it stays that way. One thing in our favor, every other team is in the same boat.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
So to summarize we just finished in the top ten and our biggest question marks on the starting line up are...

1) Can we replace one of our three tight ends?

and

2) Can the nations sack leader move into a starting role?