Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Two ex-Cyclones were in NBA action on Thursday night and both hit double figures in losses.

Monte and the Nuggets lost in OT vs. Dallas. I watched most of the 1st half and Monte was his usual reliable self, although when he's on the court with Jokic and Murray, he does not have the ball in his hands as much. He scored right around his average: 25 MIN, 11 PT, 4-7 FG, 2-4 3-PT, 1-2 FT, 3 REB, 3 AST, 1 STL, 0 TO and +3.

I like the slow-mo:

The Lakers dropped one to the Spurs last night. Talen Horton-Tucker was the 4th or 5th guy off the bench but ended up playing the 2nd-most bench minutes. His line: 21 MIN, 10 PT, 4-9 FG, 0-3 3PT, 2-3 FT, 4 REB, 3 AST, 2 TO and +7. Stat note: THT is only shooting around 27% from 3 so far this season.

But, man, can he finish:

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and Snydes

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Updated info on assist-to-turnover leaders in NBA (3 of these 5 of these guys are Georges Niang's buddies. Plus, there's a friggin Jayhawk on the list).

1610116793045.png

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

CoachKM

Sep 19, 2008
West Des Moines
SIAP....Just clicked on this article on twitter. Glowing report on Tyrese!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrese Haliburton is already exceeding expectations <a href="https://t.co/V3f1K55p03">https://t.co/V3f1K55p03</a></p>&mdash; The Kings Herald (@thekingsherald) <a href="">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
SIAP....Just clicked on this article on twitter. Glowing report on Tyrese!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyrese Haliburton is already exceeding expectations <a href="https://t.co/V3f1K55p03">https://t.co/V3f1K55p03</a></p>&mdash; The Kings Herald (@thekingsherald) <a href="">January 7, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It is truly ridiculous that he fell out of the lottery.

Reactions: isutrevman

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Prior to this year, I had never been a Kings fan, but also never hated them either. That said, they are FUN to watch and more easy for me to root for - especially with Hali in there. I say that NOT ONLY because he is a Cyclone, but also because he is the quintessential "Team" guy. It's why Denver is enjoyable to watch when BigGameTae is in the line-up. For me, team-oriented basketball is so much more fun than watching teams with players like James Harden or Jimmy Butler (both great players - team guys? not so much, imo).

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Prior to this year, I had never been a Kings fan, but also never hated them either. That said, they are FUN to watch and more easy for me to root for - especially with Hali in there. I say that NOT ONLY because he is a Cyclone, but also because he is the quintessential "Team" guy. It's why Denver is enjoyable to watch when BigGameTae is in the line-up. For me, team-oriented basketball is so much more fun than watching teams with players like James Harden or Jimmy Butler (both great players - team guys? not so much, imo).
I agree. Last season I watched more Denver basketball than I watched TWolves and I live in the same city as the TWolves - and I have never been a Nuggets fan.

Reactions: kentkel

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I definitely follow the NBA a lot closer now that there are several Cyclones. Being a T-Wolves fan means there hasn't really been much to follow for a long time so I typically just tuned into the playoffs. Now I follow the whole season.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I agree. Last season I watched more Denver basketball than I watched TWolves and I live in the same city as the TWolves - and I have never been a Nuggets fan.

Nuggets have been my team for a while now even though my "teams" are the Bulls and Cyclones.

Reactions: heitclone

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines

I get what you are saying for a lot of this but Jimmy Butler is most certainly a team guy. If he wasn't that Heat team wasn't sniffing the finals last year.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Butler is the ultimate team guy, the Heat made it to the finals because they have the strongest franchise culture in the league. Riley is the best in the business plus, he and Spo are the longest tenured coach/GM duo in the league. Butler embodies exactly what they are all about, he's talented but not, get your team to the finals by himself talented. He is the perfect fit for the Heat. You can argue his Philly teams had more talent than last years Miami squad. In the bubble, this was all a much bigger deal than in normal years. It was all about focus, discipline and toughness. The Heat and Butler thrived in that environment, teams with more talented stars like Houston and Milwaukee struggled because those weren't their strong suit.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I get what you are saying for a lot of this but Jimmy Butler is most certainly a team guy. If he wasn't that Heat team wasn't sniffing the finals last year.
I will defer to your knowledge of JB. I guess my view of him is tainted for what seemed to be a lack of player buy-in when Hoiberg was their coach. Watching a LOT of Bulls games during Hoiberg's 1st year did NOT leave me with the greatest impression of JB. I am willing to admit that I am wrong about him. It could be that he is a better team player when placed in a better franchise. Still would rather watch the Kings than the Heat or Jimmy Butler. ;)

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Halliburton with 9 pts and 4 assists and a block. IN THE 1ST QUARTER

Edit: they took a 3 away on a review at the break. Only 6 points, but completely dominated.

• Informative
Reactions: I-stateTheTruth

Help Support Us

Become a patron