Greet the team at Bergstrom? From a very safe distance!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
The flight might get to DSM before the 6:49 PM flight plan time because their airspeed is a lot faster than what was filed in the flight plan. They are about to enter Kansas airspace already.

Edit: They did leave Austin about 15 minutes late so it may land at DSM around 6:50 PM or a bit later.

Last edited:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
FlightAware.com, flight timing, origin and destination, plane size, and some guessing, etc. It's the only flight that fits all of the criteria.

So it’s a logical guess. Do charter flights show up on that site?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
What the hell is wrong with honking from your cars and waving as the bus drives by?
To be fair, Cycsk didn't say that's what they meant.

When I read the OP, I thought they meant still getting out of their cars but just being way back. That's way different than staying in your car

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
So it’s a logical guess. Do charter flights show up on that site?
Good question, I would guess that this flight has been chartered. The flight timing etc. pretty much follows the pattern of other ISU flights home from away games. (I've followed a number of their trips home and met them both at the DSM airport and at the Bergstrom complex.) Still, it's not a 100% guarantee.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
To be fair, Cycsk didn't say that's what they meant.

When I read the OP, I thought they meant still getting out of their cars but just being way back. That's way different than staying in your car

As if Matt Campbell is going to let anyone near the players! Not.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Good question, I would guess that this flight has been chartered. The flight timing etc. pretty much follows the pattern of other ISU flights home from away games. (I've followed a number of their trips home and met them both at the DSM airport and at the Bergstrom complex.) Still, it's not a 100% guarantee.
I use plane finder. It’s amazing.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
As if Matt Campbell is going to let anyone near the players! Not.
No of course not. But if you're inside your car it's clear you're not going to try to get closer to the players

Wait, are we not allowed to get out of our cars now too???

Anyone got an extra plastic bubble I can live in?

How is staying in your car way different than standing 200 ft away??
If you get out of your car there's a bigger question of whether you're going to try to get closer to the players. I'm not saying it makes a difference for spreading covid, but I think it would make everyone a lot more comfortable