Biggest Win in ISU History!!!

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Big Plays by BIG TIME PLAYERS.

For much of the game I thought special team issues and bad red-zone production were going to be our demise.

In the end, big time players got it done. On offense it was a team effort lead by Purdy and Hall.

On defense huge plays standout:
- Young's big hit forcing the Longhorn WR to fumble.
- Bailey's 4th down stop of Elinger. While laying on the ground.
- Bankston 2 sacks. Forcing a 57 yard vs. 52 yarder won the game.

GREAT TEAM WIN!!! IMO biggest Cyclone football win (assuming it gets ISU into Big 12 Championship Game).

Let's BEAT WVU!!!!

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Big Plays by BIG TIME PLAYERS.

For much of the game I thought special team issues and bad red-zone production were going to be our demise.

In the end, big time players got it done. On offense it was a team effort lead by Purdy and Hall.

On defense huge plays standout:
- Young's big hit forcing the Longhorn WR to fumble.
- Bailey's 4th down stop of Elinger. While laying on the ground.
- Bankston 2 sacks. Forcing a 57 yard vs. 52 yarder won the game.

GREAT TEAM WIN!!! IMO biggest Cyclone football win (assuming it gets ISU into Big 12 Championship Game).

Let's BEAT WVU!!!!
Speaking about big time plays, how many yards did Hall have on the cyclones last drive?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Texas still definitely has more size, speed, and talent but not half the heart of this team. That being said, talent gap is as narrow as I've seen.
Agree with this.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
This is no joke. WTF was Texas doing w/their play calling in the 4th quarter? Throwing deep while leading deep in the 4th quarter? Run the ball

I was thinking the same thing. What, like 5 minutes left and you run the ball once? I jumped off the coach and yelled thanks coach Herman!

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I don't think this game as much as the one in Dallas. We've built up to this.

Margins.....whew...we didn't want them, but Texas also didn't take them!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I started shaking with about 8 minutes to go. I started screaming when the field goal went wide!!

I didn't really scream. I was more like...

tenor.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
How did ISU win that? I feel like they got outphysicalled all day and Texas seemed to be getting away with holding every play. Let's get weird!
Outphysicalled? Lol. No. We might have gotten out - a lot of things but we were physically superior.