Latrell Bankston was huge!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
Thanks for starting this thread, I was going to but couldn’t figure out how to start a thread.

The two sacks he had, no human should have been able to make those two plays. Fought off a double team on BOTH, and tacked Ehlinger with basically one hand By grabbing his shoulder pad.

Truely, and I mean this, those where the best two plays I have seen by a nose tackle in my lifetime. Just an amazing effort, great, great play.

That dude is a pro, I don’t care what anyone says.

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Gotta give a nod to Bailey as well. Somebody had to step up with him getting wrestled to the ground by two guys errrr I mean getting double teamed all day and Latrell was that man.

It's tough to even wrap your brain around the d-line we have now compared to what I've watched for decades. Talent AND depth. Unreal.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Minus Latrell the D line - pass rushing wise - was actually kinda disappointing.

Thrilled we won!! His sack made that a super difficult kick and was critical.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Love how so many players can get their 'DGAF' on and want to make a play in the current ISU football era.

Will McDonald should be in this discussion as it generally takes an Olineman tackling him to keep him from making plays.

I try to see past the refs for earning the win but that was some **** on non-calls out there. Ref may as well have yelled '2!' for the take down.