Iowa Football Recruiting

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Come on now, up to this point what has ISU football actually accomplished this season?
Well we have a win against the current #11 team in the nation, we're at the top of our conference in both offense and defense, we have a Heisman candidate as a RB, and if we win this weekend we are playing for the conference title!

Okay, your turn.

• Winner
Reactions: Cytown12 and GTO

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
You lost to an unranked Lousiana-Lafayette by 17 and have beaten 1 decent team. If you lose and the Hawks win this week they will actually be quite close in the AP. If you lose 1 of your last 2 and Iowa wins their last 3 I think Iowa will be rated higher whether you believe it to be true or not.
The delusional world you live in is incredible. How are you saying we beat one decent team? We beat a RANKED Oklahoma team that is currently ranked 11th. I call that a damn great win. If Iowa had done the same thing y'all would be jumping up and down claiming you're winning the Big10 and possible CFP berth. But since isu as done it, its just a "decent" win? The quality of wins that ISU has vs Iowa isn't even in the same universe.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Defining hot garbage or rather what isn't.

To me you start with the top four then add teams as they beat someone no longer in the dung pile.

Big XII Starts with Iowa State, Oklahoma, Texas and Oklahoma State.

Kansas State gets off the pile by beating Oklahoma.

TCU advances to acceptance with a win over Texas

West Virginia gets home by throttling KST.

BiG begins with Ohio State, Indiana, Northwestern and Wisconsin and ends with those four until someone else beats one of those four.

Iowa is fortunate to still have one more opportunity to get off the stinky.

The only other possibility I see is Purdue stepping it up against their instate rival.

Last edited:

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
Well we have a win against the current #11 team in the nation, we're at the top of our conference in both offense and defense, we have a Heisman candidate as a RB, and if we win this weekend we are playing for the conference title!

Okay, your turn.

So up to this point, you have a win against the #11 team in the nation. I would agree with that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The delusional world you live in is incredible. How are you saying we beat one decent team? We beat a RANKED Oklahoma team that is currently ranked 11th. I call that a damn great win. If Iowa had done the same thing y'all would be jumping up and down claiming you're winning the Big10 and possible CFP berth. But since isu as done it, its just a "decent" win? The quality of wins that ISU has vs Iowa isn't even in the same universe.
FIFY

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
The last 5 years have been the best run of the Kirk era of Iowa football and they are 5-11 against the AP top 25 during the regular season... Iowa has FEASTED on a weak @ss west schedule and favorable crossover games.
Bingo. It's a literal fact that Iowa fans don't want to talk about. And look, as an ISU fan, we get they can't control how weak the Big10 west is annually or that they consistently get weak crossover games. It's the fact that they act like they are such a massive powerhouse of a team when in reality if you put iowa in the east during that time frame their win-loss record is dramatically different. Be proud that your team has feasted on beating weak teams like it should, but have the sense and intelligence that it's just that

Reactions: GTO

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So up to this point, you have a win against the #11 team in the nation. I would agree with that.
So you're actively ignoring the part where we've put ourselves one game away from the CCG?

Rebel

Nov 23, 2020
So you're actively ignoring the part where we've put ourselves one game away from the CCG?

But thats not an accomplishment. If ISU wins on Friday, then its an accomplishment.

Iowa was a FG from winning the B1G West last season. Thats not an accomplishment.

The accomplishment is winning 10 games and finishing top 15 in the nation.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron