AP Poll prediction

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I will say Oklahoma has looked really good. I feel like we're victim of some "common opponent" and of course blue blood bias with OUs victory over OSU. We played OSU with them at seemingly full strength, but since that game their best players have been struggling with injuries.

That's fine, since the CFP has been out of the question since our first game. The rankings are really just meaningless at this point except for bragging rights.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Northwestern to 11? Lol, I guess all you need to jump 8 spots in the AP is beat an overrated B1G team and have your coach give a viral postgame interview. Too bad we couldn’t play Iowa this season.
They're gonna win the B1G this year. :jimlad:

(I mean, they need to be highly ranked when tOSU kicks their asses to give the Buckeyes the necessary push over the finish line into the top 4 for the playoff spot.)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Northwestern to 11? Lol, I guess all you need to jump 8 spots in the AP is beat an overrated B1G team and have your coach give a viral postgame interview. Too bad we couldn’t play Iowa this season.
We would mop the floor with them.

Reactions: Peter

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
The annual tradition of propping up average B1G teams really is like clockwork. It will be fun watching the AP voters reset after the Playoff poll is released.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I will say Oklahoma has looked really good. I feel like we're victim of some "common opponent" and of course blue blood bias with OUs victory over OSU. We played OSU with them at seemingly full strength, but since that game their best players have been struggling with injuries.

That's fine, since the CFP has been out of the question since our first game. The rankings are really just meaningless at this point except for bragging rights.

Before using the "common opponent" rule, one should always use the "head to head" rule. We beat OU head to head and we have a better record, but of course we're ISU so that doesn't matter. I admit OU is looking scary good, but there's an implicit bias just because they're OU and we're ISU. Oh well, I'm sure our coaches will use the lack of respect card if we do face them again.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I expect we will be 11th or better in that poll.

Iowa State is the best 2 loss team in the country but OU is right there with them. It will be interesting to see how the committee treats Oregon, BYU, and Cincinnati. Regarding Oregon you can't reward them for only playing 3 games to date, you just can't. I will be shocked if BYU and Cinci are both in the top 10, those schedules are bad and the committee isn't going to want to prop both of those teams up too much. The other team to watch will be Indiana. Are they going to get the annual B1G bump? Indiana is going to get way too much credit for tOSU almost blowing that game but I don't know how the committee puts them any higher than 13 or 14.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa State is the best 2 loss team in the country but OU is right there with them. It will be interesting to see how the committee treats Oregon, BYU, and Cincinnati. Regarding Oregon you can't reward them for only playing 3 games to date, you just can't. I will be shocked if BYU and Cinci are both in the top 10, those schedules are bad and the committee isn't going to want to prop both of those teams up too much. The other team to watch will be Indiana. Are they going to get the annual B1G bump? Indiana is going to get way too much credit for tOSU almost blowing that game but I don't know how the committee puts them any higher than 13 or 14.
Isn’t Barta on the committee? That tells you that it will be messed up and won’t make sense.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Reactions: CychiatricWard

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
There is so much we don’t know about a lot of these teams. This might be the most interesting bowl season ever. But also could be a lot of blow outs. There’s gonna be some teams, likely from the BIG that have inflated records that are gonna get humbled on short order.

ILikeBacon

Apr 1, 2013
It is great to see the consistency of this program now.

In past years, I would have been fearing the "get ranked, then have a bad loss" scenario that we have experienced many times.

Reactions: Aclone

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Indiana's ranking is the biggest joke. Living off a 1 point OT victory over 0-5 Penn State. **** the big 10.
Somebody that has multiple losses is going to handle them and then everyone in the media having and orgasm over the Hoosiers is going act all shocked.

They are getting way too much credit for being down 3 scores and Ohio State getting too cute with their play calling...

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90