Welp, power ranking is pretty clear now ...

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I know we beat OU but Vegas would have them favored over us. There’s no shame in admitting that.
I would probably have us tied for first right now.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
My power rankings are not based on just conference standings. I don't like my rankings, but its based off of what I've seen.

Appears if we beat Texas, then we are in as a West Virginia loss wouldn't hurt us. Gave me flashbacks to the tornado game where beating Colorado put us in the big 12 title game, but we laid an egg against lowly Kansas. This all rides on Texas.

Last time we had a big game with Texas we laid a monster egg (two years ago). Our team is dang good and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm excited about the prospects of playing in a big 12 championship game. If they allow fans, I hope to go. However, I'm not used to success and won't let my hopes get up until after the game next week. I hope this is the year we can put our nut cups away. Mine is still firmly in its place until 3PM next Saturday.

OU
TX
OSU
ISU
WVU
KST
TCU
TTU
BAY
KS

What has Texas done to be ranked ahead of us?

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone and Scruff

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

Our fans are sometimes pretty stupid. Some stupid people seem to think that if they rank us 3rd or 4th or 5th or whatever, it won't hurt if we lose to Texas. Newsflash: it will. Also if Texas and Iowa State were reversed, there's no way we would justify ranking Iowa State ahead of Texas. It's. little less clear with Oklahoma, but the same issues apply.

We are in first place for a reason.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Our fans are sometimes pretty stupid. Some stupid people seem to think that if they rank us 3rd or 4th or 5th or whatever, it won't hurt if we lose to Texas. Newsflash: it will. Also if Texas and Iowa State were reversed, there's no way we would justify ranking Iowa State ahead of Texas. It's. little less clear with Oklahoma, but the same issues apply.

We are in first place for a reason.

I would put us 2nd, behind OU just based off the last few weeks, but yeah, some pretty stupid takes around here.

Someone, awhile back said, this fanbase has no idea on how to handle success. Truest words that have ever been posted on this site.

Reactions: jctisu

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
My power rankings are not based on just conference standings. I don't like my rankings, but its based off of what I've seen.

Appears if we beat Texas, then we are in as a West Virginia loss wouldn't hurt us. Gave me flashbacks to the tornado game where beating Colorado put us in the big 12 title game, but we laid an egg against lowly Kansas. This all rides on Texas.

Last time we had a big game with Texas we laid a monster egg (two years ago). Our team is dang good and I'm loving every minute of it. I'm excited about the prospects of playing in a big 12 championship game. If they allow fans, I hope to go. However, I'm not used to success and won't let my hopes get up until after the game next week. I hope this is the year we can put our nut cups away. Mine is still firmly in its place until 3PM next Saturday.

OU
TX
OSU
ISU
WVU
KST
TCU
TTU
BAY
KS

Might want to get your eyes checked.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would put us 2nd, behind OU just based off the last few weeks, but yeah, some pretty stupid takes around here.

Someone, awhile back said, this fanbase has no idea on how to handle success. Truest words that have ever been posted on this site.

I can see ranking Oklahoma ahead of us. I disagree, because like I said if the situation was reversed and we had lost to Oklahoma and Kansas State, but had beat Texas and Oklahoma State, even handily, there's no way anyone on here would stand for ranking us ahead of Oklahoma. But having Texas ahead of us right now is ludicrous.

Reactions: Aclone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Based on yesterday's outcomes.

1. OU - saved their horses, rode some cowboys
2. ISU - boat raced emaw
3. Texas - by default
4. oSu - embarrassed
5. WVU - watched on TV
6. K-State - eviscerated
7. TCU - watched
8. TxT - watched
9. Baylor - them too
10. Ku - Gonzaga!

Iowa State and OU clearly separated themselves from the field yesterday and assuming a win in Austin, the Clones get their shot at a championship. That's pretty damn sweet. But that's also a very big assumption, finding the key to Dallas in Austin. Good luck Friday.

I think this is mostly fair. You can make a case that ISU is better than OU especially given the tiebreaker, but OU has looked impressive yesterday. Just looking at yesterday alone, we both demolished our opponents but OSU was a better opponent than a gutted KSU team was, making that a more impressive domination. I could maybe move KSU lower to like 9th just based on where they are right now. As pieces return they might move back up.

Hopefully we'll get the chance to settle it on the field in Dallas with a win Friday.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We have the best record, and beat the #2 team (OU) head-to-head. Yeah, we're #1 until we lose another game. There's really no other option for #1.

Agreed and that’s how the conference will view us. We will wear HOME uniforms in Dallas as the #1 seeded team

Reactions: isutrevman

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA
What a ****ing troll. Easily the most passive-aggressive poster on this site.

I didn't realize you were talking about me the first time through all the posts. I generally hate trolls and aggressive people. I'll stand up for my beliefs if pushed, but I try to do so in a nice way. At my heart's core, I value kindness above all else.

Simplest explanation of my ranking: OU looks playoff caliber since their young QB figured out how to play. OSU left a bad taste in my mouth after that game that made me feel like they were the better team. We haven't played Texas, but I don't like the match up next week. Season is on the line, we will get the best from Texas and I believe that puts us at a disadvantage. Stupid ESPN FPI odds are getting in my head too.

@cmjh10 is right, I'm not used to ISU having success. @jsb is right, I believe by not getting my hopes up will make it hurt less. Realizing just how Debbie Downer my ranking is... again sorry, no one likes a Debbie Downer. I swear when the standings were updated last night the first thing I did was send to all of my cyclone friends because I'm so upbeat and happy with them right now. So screw it, next week game hasn't been played yet. We have the best record and beat OU. ISU is the top of my power rankings until they lose!

ISU
OU
Texas
OSU
WVU
KSU
TCU
TTU
Bay
Kas

Latest posts

Help Support Us