All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Question for clone fans, who is your recruit so far in both Iowa and ISU’s class? For ISU, Howard Brown looks really good. For Iowa, I would go with either Jaden Harrell, Jeremiah Pittman, or Beau Stephens.
Who is our recruit? Do you mean who is our favorite?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
He's been a monster against trash competition. That's what good players do. Elite players are able to do it against great competition. That's all my point is. Hard to say Nixon is elite when Iowa hasn't and won't play any good competition until they play Wisconsin
Wisconsin? You saw what they did yesterday, right?

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
He's been a monster against trash competition. That's what good players do. Elite players are able to do it against great competition. That's all my point is. Hard to say Nixon is elite when Iowa hasn't and won't play any good competition until they play Wisconsin
Northwestern is pretty good.

• Haha
Reactions: amishclone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just read in ESPN that Indiana played good defense yesterday. Definitely shows that the big ten doesn’t play defense of giving up 42 points is good defense.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just read in ESPN that Indiana played good defense yesterday. Definitely shows that the big ten doesn’t play defense of giving up 42 points is good defense.

I thought I saw that Indiana gave up 600 plus yards, and OSU gave up 500.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I thought I saw that Indiana gave up 600 plus yards, and OSU gave up 500.
42-35 would probably in that area for yards. The no defense conference. How many teams have up 30+ points. That used to be the big xii benchmark, had to score 30 to have a chance to win. They said the big xii didn’t play defense because of it, seems fitting then to say it about the big ten when that seems required.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
42-35 would probably in that area for yards. The no defense conference. How many teams have up 30+ points. That used to be the big xii benchmark, had to score 30 to have a chance to win. They said the big xii didn’t play defense because of it, seems fitting then to say it about the big ten when that seems required.

B10 and the SEC play worse defense than the B12.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Mike Rose says hello. He has played at a first team All-American level.

I disagree with him putting Bailey as "elite" though. Not sure I would put any DL from the state in that category. I think both Iowa and ISU have 1-2 players who have played just below elite, IMO

Iowa is a lot deeper, especially at LB and secondary. Iowa has a backup LB starting at Baylor this year. Niemann, Campbell, Wade and Benson have all played well.

Not sure ISU has a player like Nixon on the team. He’ll be another early entry NFL draft guy.
Nixon is a good player it isnt his fault the B10 sucks balls.

Even with the QB issues some teams are having, there’s a huge diff in interior line play between the two leagues. ISU hasn’t had a lineman drafted in 8 going on 9 years (Bykowski 7th Rd 2013). It’s been 12 years since a DL player was drafted (Rubin 6th Rd 2008).

Nixon is very athletic for 305lbs. DTs like that aren’t playing at ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor, TT, OK ST or WVU these days.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Iowa is a lot deeper, especially at LB and secondary. Iowa has a backup LB starting at Baylor this year. Niemann, Campbell, Wade and Benson have all played well.

Not sure ISU has a player like Nixon on the team. He’ll be another early entry NFL draft guy.

Even with the QB issues some teams are having, there’s a huge diff in interior line play between the two leagues. ISU hasn’t had a lineman drafted in 8 going on 9 years (Bykowski 7th Rd 2013). It’s been 12 years since a DL player was drafted (Rubin 6th Rd 2008).

Nixon is very athletic for 305lbs. DTs like that aren’t playing at ISU, KSU, KU, Baylor, TT, OK ST or WVU these days.
so the leagues interior plays now comes down to when ISU had linemen drafted? We admit that ISU was very bad up until Campbell arrived, he’s been here five years so his guys are just starting to get there now.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

You are not smart.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Remember when Daviyon Nixon was in the transfer portal and I dropped the info he was coming back for sure?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Congrats to KKKirk on his 100th B1G. Better put an asterisk by it though for his racists ways of getting them.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

This is such a stupid anecdotal attempt at a point it is mind blowing. What if I said that all Big 10 WRs suck because I bet if a multiple time All Big 10 WR wouldn’t even play on a bad Big 12 team.