*** Official Kansas State vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Yeah, but there are three way tie scenarios we aren't doomed in right? People are acting as if we're doomed if we lose to Texas. I'd love to beat Texas but I think there are plenty of scenarios we can get in at 7-2 right?

Four way tie if we lost to Texas it seems like we'd be 1-2 among tied teams and out. Record among tied teams has to come first in four way right?

Yeah, four way tie doesn't work well for ISU because of that.

With a three way tie at 7-2, assuming OU over OSU and UT over ISU:

OU/OSU/ISU: This would require Texas losing to KSU or KU. If KSU wins out, we'd get the 2 seed, because OSU would end up with the 1 seed and we hold the h2h vs OU.

OU/UT/ISU: This would require OSU losing to Tech or TCU. Either way, we end up with the 3 seed unless OSU actually loses out.

OSU/UT/ISU: This would require OU losing to WVU or Baylor. Regardless of what happens, we'd get the 3 seed since OSU and UT both beat us.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
So if OU holds on tonight we'll clinch with a win over Texas. +4 would be no worse than 2nd.
Except record against other teams top-down is the next tiebreaker before scoring differential. There are some really weird scenarios where we could fall to #3 even with a win over Texas, but I think it requires KSU over UT, KU over UT, and Baylor over KSU.

Last edited:

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
I read in a thread that the point differential tiebreaker is only looked at among those whom are tied. (Who? Whom??? no sure...)

So how much we beat KSU and KU by are irrelevant, if correct.
I think since you added the word 'are', who is correct. If you didn't have the word 'are it would be whom...

Among those whom tied, vs among those who are tied.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
@SEIOWA CLONE said:
" Just a strange game to sit and watch, I cannot remember the last time we played a conference game and it was over by halftime. Was nice to see Purdy and Hall get pulled and see Dekkers and Brock get some quality playing time

Just a great win overall. "

We actually have been in many, just that we knew that by half time there was no way we would win those games in the past..... :jimlad:

Sick humor! Sadly but true. Not sad today though!!

KHoing07

Jun 20, 2018
Brando and Tillman are running out of things to talk about.
Except record against other teams top-down is the next tiebreaker before scoring differential. There are some really weird scenarios where we could fall to #3 even with a win over Texas, but I think it requires KSU over UT, KU over UT, and Baylor over KSU.
But if we beat Texas and West Virginia we would be the only team with one loss in the conference and would go automatically

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Just noticed. The game will be rebroadcast at 4 a.m. on FS1. Just incase you want to set up your DVR.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
It makes it even better that a kid from Wichita choose Iowa State over them, and they had to watch it today
3k02Gls.gif

Reactions: cdface and DarkStar

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
@SEIOWA CLONE said:
" Just a strange game to sit and watch, I cannot remember the last time we played a conference game and it was over by halftime. Was nice to see Purdy and Hall get pulled and see Dekkers and Brock get some quality playing time

Just a great win overall. "

Sick humor! Sadly but true. Not sad today though!!
Related, I said "when was the last time we were up so far to give our 2nd string QB reps in the 4th quarter". How cool was it to get Dekkers a TD too!

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar and t-noah

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I'm rewatching it now. I can let you know if anything changes.
My channel guide was off or they moved it up to the earlier slot. All i got to see was the last few minutes. :(

At least the ending was the same. Guess I'll just have to stream it off the fox app just to make sure i wasn't dreaming yesterday....

Reactions: Aclone

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Problem with Herbie is he loves the blue bloods. He'll throw positive comments out, but deep down, he gets upset at the idea of teams without traditional names doing well.

I like Herbie but.....Herbie played for a Blue Blood and he is a Blue Blood to his core....When he picked KState ...I said to no one in particular..."Thanks Herbie", now I know that we are going to beat KState.