*** Official Kansas State vs #17 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
You all aren't giving surly enough credit on this one. He expected us to do this to his team. Maybe not to this extent, but he was on this site this week saying that we were going to kick his team's ass, and nobody really wanted to believe him.
To give surly credit, he's an incredible troll.

Reactions: cstrunk

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We're at +105 point differential now. OU is at +104 starting their game.

Pretty big gap after top two in the category. Seems like we would have point differential over anybody but OU and will probably be close with OU.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I think he likes the banter but more than that he likes the Cyfanatic site. It is a great site to be honest, especially when compared to other schools fan sites.

I just think he’s an idiot.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest

Pretty big gap after top two in the category. Seems like we would have point differential over anybody but OU and will probably be close with OU.

I read in a thread that the point differential tiebreaker is only looked at among those whom are tied. (Who? Whom??? no sure...)

So how much we beat KSU and KU by are irrelevant, if correct.

• Agree
Reactions: DarkStar

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net

As a tiebreaker, scoring differential is only calculated among tied teams. With an OU/OSU/ISU three way tie, if it goes to scoring differential we are +4 (7 point win vs OU minus 3 point loss vs OSU).

EDIT: khardbored beat me to it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
As a tiebreaker, scoring differential is only calculated among tied teams. With an OU/OSU/ISU three way tie, if it goes to scoring differential we are +4 (7 point win vs OU minus 3 point loss vs OSU).

Yeah, but there are three way tie scenarios we aren't doomed in right? People are acting as if we're doomed if we lose to Texas. I'd love to beat Texas but I think there are plenty of scenarios we can get in at 7-2 right?

Four way tie if we lost to Texas it seems like we'd be 1-2 among tied teams and out. Record among tied teams has to come first in four way right?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

So if OU holds on tonight we'll clinch with a win over Texas. +4 would be no worse than 2nd.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron