Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
that's the point.. as a veteran if he is getting pissy that they are using the right he "fought for" he is the issue.. not the players the kneeling has never been against the flag or service members.
I don't like getting into political discussions, but I thought I'd quickly mention something.. When everything with Kaepernick went down, I was on the side of "You should stand for the national anthem. It's the right thing to do. This is a time for honoring those who served and died for the rights we have."

After doing research on the entire Kaep situation, listening to opinions of those who have fought for this country, listening to the reasons why some of these players were kneeling, and just looking at this from a different perspective, my opinion changed.

Kaep wanted to protest police brutality someway on the national stage. He was told by a teammate who happened to be a former Green Beret that kneeling would be respectful. I know that just like anything in this world, other veterans had different opinions on this situation, but Colin made his decision based off the opinion of one.

This entire thing was blown up via social media and national media by talk-show hosts and political figures, which caused this to reach heights it never should've reached. When this started, if you were one that knelt, you were against this country. This year, if you didn't kneel, you were against the movement.

One of the reasons why this country is great is that you get to use your first amendment rights to speak up or speak out on causes that you deem important. And this is our own faults. We've allowed ourselves to be consumed by information from forms of media that only conform to our pre-existing beliefs and rarely allow ourselves the opportunity to look at something from the opposition's side.

We have to do better.

• Winner
Reactions: cyputz

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Saw Channel 13 sports last night, KKKirk on Penn State, "They are a good football team." 0-4 really exudes a good football team. If the Nittany lionesses beat the hawkeyes, I can't wait for the fan base melt down.
What do you mean?!? We are talking about Penn State. The almighty! If Iowa loses to Ped U, they should still climb in the rankings!

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
I don't like getting into political discussions, but I thought I'd quickly mention something.. When everything with Kaepernick went down, I was on the side of "You should stand for the national anthem. It's the right thing to do. This is a time for honoring those who served and died for the rights we have."

After doing research on the entire Kaep situation, listening to opinions of those who have fought for this country, listening to the reasons why some of these players were kneeling, and just looking at this from a different perspective, my opinion changed.

Kaep wanted to protest police brutality someway on the national stage. He was told by a teammate who happened to be a former Green Beret that kneeling would be respectful. I know that just like anything in this world, other veterans had different opinions on this situation, but Colin made his decision based off the opinion of one.

This entire thing was blown up via social media and national media by talk-show hosts and political figures, which caused this to reach heights it never should've reached. When this started, if you were one that knelt, you were against this country. This year, if you didn't kneel, you were against the movement.

One of the reasons why this country is great is that you get to use your first amendment rights to speak up or speak out on causes that you deem important. And this is our own faults. We've allowed ourselves to be consumed by information from forms of media that only conform to our pre-existing beliefs and rarely allow ourselves the opportunity to look at something from the opposition's side.

We have to do better.
I was also in the same boat you were. I really disliked Kap for doing that because I didn’t know why he was doing it. After I read about it and what the true meaning was, I understood it. Now today, I still don’t necessarily agree with kneeling. A lot of my family has gone and served in the military so I don’t really like when people kneel but I understand it and I don’t hold it against them. It is their right to exercise that and I will never hold it against them.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I was also in the same boat you were. I really disliked Kap for doing that because I didn’t know why he was doing it. After I read about it and what the true meaning was, I understood it. Now today, I still don’t necessarily agree with kneeling. A lot of my family has gone and served in the military so I don’t really like when people kneel but I understand it and I don’t hold it against them. It is their right to exercise that and I will never hold it against them.
We need to get to the point where you can disagree with someone's beliefs while still respecting them. Unfortunately we're a long way away from that as a society.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
that's the point.. as a veteran if he is getting pissy that they are using the right he "fought for" he is the issue.. not the players the kneeling has never been against the flag or service members.

I'm a vet and I have zero respect for people (including veterans) who complain and cry about people "disrespecting the flag." The flag is a symbol, it has nothing to do with what we fought for or why we served. The black football player that is choosing to take a knee during the anthem is the exact reason why we serve.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I'm a vet and I have zero respect for people (including veterans) who complain and cry about people "disrespecting the flag." The flag is a symbol, it has nothing to do with what we fought for or why we served. The black football player that is choosing to take a knee during the anthem is the exact reason why we serve.
Exactly same logic for my approach to my time serving. I want all people to have rights including those I dont agree with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron