LSU ignores sexual assault complaints against athletes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

Not good news for Ed O. Sounds like dozens of assaults may have been ignored as well as not reported the misconduct as required via title IX

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
There needs to be a death penalty for institutions, Baylor got off way too easy. Blue bloods know there is no real penalty, so they will keep doing this.

I'd imagine there will be more scrutiny because this is a state university than we saw with Baylor. LSU isn't going to be able to have things like Baylor did because they were a private school.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Big FB school it'll be interesting to see how it gets handled.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This is horrible. Orgeron needs to be placed on leave NOW.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I think it was Armen Kitayaen's book that made the point that this is a loooooot more common than anyone wants to know or admit.
It's safe to say that this isn't a Baylor, Penn State, or LSU problem alone. It's all over.

Why is it not more publicized? I mean, we've seen the #metoo movement jump on situations that weren't nowhere as severe as what we see at some these schools. Why are these things kept quiet? It seems neither the media or politics really ever address this specific issue. I know people who are very active in raising awareness about sexual assault who know nothing about what happened at Baylor. It's weird how under the radar this stuff is allowed to fly.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Why is it not more publicized? I mean, we've seen the #metoo movement jump on situations that weren't nowhere as severe as what we see at some these schools. Why are these things kept quiet? It seems neither the media or politics really ever address this specific issue. I know people who are very active in raising awareness about sexual assault who know nothing about what happened at Baylor. It's weird how under the radar this stuff is allowed to fly.

I think it all came down to money.
Things like access matter, too, but access to programs leads to money.
Schools have oversized investments in football. So do networks. It really hurts a lot of bottom lines to publicize these things.

Reactions: heitclone

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think it all came down to money.
Things like access matter, too, but access to programs leads to money.
Schools have oversized investments in football. So do networks. It really hurts a lot of bottom lines to publicize these things.

The fact that it's just so awful we just don't want to talk about it shouldn't be underestimated.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think it was Armen Kitayaen's book that made the point that this is a loooooot more common than anyone wants to know or admit.
It's safe to say that this isn't a Baylor, Penn State, or LSU problem alone. It's all over.

Until they come up with a severe mechanism for making programs accountable for valuing the program over the well being of the people around it, it will not improve.