Wisconsin QB tests positive for Covid

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
“It’s like an unhappy marriage,” one Big Ten source said. “It doesn’t work. It doesn’t fit. Yet no one can afford or figure out how to divorce. So nothing is going to change.”

Nebby the gift that keeps on giving.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I hate to pile on Nebraska (sort of) but this is a B1G failure. A B1G fat mess.

I read an article on ESPN today - maybe it was a video clip - and they made the case that the ONLY reason B1G is playing football (sort of) is to give tOSU a shot at the playoff and a National Championship. Beyond that they couldn't give a flying rats ass.

Last edited:

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Ugh, Nebraska......Everytime I hear them complain I think of this song...

LancelotClone

Apr 18, 2018
I hate to pile on Nebraska (sort of) but this is a B1G failure. A B1G fat mess.

I read an article on ESPN today - maybe it was a video clip - and they made the case that the ONLY reason B1G is playing football (sort of) is to give tOSU a shot at the playoff and a National Championship. Beyond that they couldn't give a rats ass.

This was maybe 50% of the reason, but it ties into something bigger. $$$ When they made the decision to "cancel/postpone", they assumed every other conference woulf follow suit.

When only the PAC did, and the other conferences pushed forward instead, then the TV money became a concern.

The B1G thought if every other conference cancelled, the B1G Network revenue and at least a partial payment from TV partners would put them ahead of every other conference. Instead, the other conferences were going to get full TV contract payments. The SEC even went and tried to strike a deal to make more money by filling B1G time slots.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Have we thought about the possibility that Nebraska fans sent some people up to Madison to infect Wisconsin's football team? Maybe they thought the way to beat them was a forfeit.

Actually, you should hear them on the local (Omaha) sports radio... they are all saying that they are the better team this year and would have won this game even if Wisconsin had all their players. They get mauled by the Buckeyes, but somehow come out of that game thinking they have a really great team! Every year it's like this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Actually, you should hear them on the local (Omaha) sports radio... they are all saying that they are the better team this year and would have won this game even if Wisconsin had all their players. They get mauled by the Buckeyes, but somehow come out of that game thinking they have a really great team! Every year it's like this.

And OSU looked pretty tame with a bunch of new parts so it's weird they came to that conclusion.

Well, it isn't. But it is.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I don't see why people are freaking out about a 21 day protocol. . When you are dealing with student athletes I would want to be as careful as possible before bringing kids back.

Because literally no one else uses 21 days as a quarantine protocol. Except the all mighty and knowing Big 10.

Everyone else uses 10-14 days, as recommended by the CDC and real medical professionals.

Not to mention the effects on those under the age of 50 is generally negligible.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Because literally no one else uses 21 days as a quarantine protocol. Except the all mighty and knowing Big 10.

Everyone else uses 10-14 days, as recommended by the CDC and real medical professionals.

Not to mention the effects on those under the age of 50 is generally negligible.
who cares? They want to be as careful as they can when much is still uncertain about what thr effects of the virus. These are students playing a game. It’s not that big of deal and to be calling out schools for playing it safe with these kids is asinine.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
who cares? They want to be as careful as they can when much is still uncertain about what thr effects of the virus. These are students playing a game. It’s not that big of deal and to be calling out schools for playing it safe with these kids is asinine.

If it were 21 days without all kinds of testing available at any moment, sure, play it safe and wait 21 days.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So if Illinois can't play Purdue, they should 100% schedule Nebraska for this weekend right?

• Creative
Reactions: VeloClone

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL
So if Illinois can't play Purdue, they should 100% schedule Nebraska for this weekend right?

Realistically, can you even put on a football game like this with one day notice? You'd have to pack one of those teams onto a bus or plane and get them out the door like right now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Realistically, can you even put on a football game like this with one day notice? You'd have to pack one of those teams onto a bus or plane and get them out the door like right now.
Yeah I have no clue. Purdue was going to drive to Champaign so they'd then have to get a flight lined up to head to Lincoln. I imagine the biggest road block would be preparation. Neither of these teams prepared to play one another.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.

They could just push all their 'careful' chips in and cancel their season. But if they did, would anybody care?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The logistics are possible I think but you're probably looking at even worse football with that little of prep time.

Although by now it seems like most teams do about the same things so maybe it's not that bad.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There's a pretty large sample size so far of people under the age of 25 contracting this virus. Statistical evidence has shown that the likelihood of dying from the virus in that age group is close to zero. Cardiologists are now stating they do not believe myocarditis is as big of a problem as they once thought and have said they are now not even recommending doing any tests for it. Myocarditis is one of the only reasons there's an extra week tagged onto the Big 10's protocol.

As more information comes out about this virus, the more change needs to happen regarding mitigation.