Wisconsin QB tests positive for Covid

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I put some money on Nebraska ML, +7, and under 50. Nebraska might be too bad for it to matter but I'll take my chances

• Agree
Reactions: cyputz

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So, thirty plus schools with successful practice aplenty to borrow COVID protocols and best practices from—and the B1G can’t manage something that simple?

Shocked, I tell you.

The auto 3 games thing is looking really bad right now.

Language from an article for the B12's protocols. It's still detailed and thorough without having an absolute amount of time to return.

If a player tests positive, they must undergo a series of tests before returning to competition. Those include an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram and cardiac MRI. Non-conference opponents must adhere to the Big 12's COVID-19 testing protocols.

• Disagree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Man Iowa couldn’t have been handed a more finely crafted deck to get to the title game. I hope Mertz does well and is back to give them a wake up call to end the season.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
The auto 3 games thing is looking really bad right now.

Language from an article for the B12's protocols. It's still detailed and thorough without having an absolute amount of time to return.

If a player tests positive, they must undergo a series of tests before returning to competition. Those include an EKG, troponin blood test, echocardiogram and cardiac MRI. Non-conference opponents must adhere to the Big 12's COVID-19 testing protocols.

My son plays college ball and he tested positive for Covid. He had to go through the EKG and troponin test. He passed the EKG and his troponin level was a little above what base line was. He was at a level 14 for the troponin level but the Doc said anything above 20 is when the start the echocardiogram and MRI, so pretty much the full blown cardiology exam.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He tested positive Sunday right? So 21 days from then would be against Michigan. Prior to that game they play Nebraska and Purdue, two teams they can still beat.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
He tested positive Sunday right? So 21 days from then would be against Michigan. Prior to that game they play Nebraska and Purdue, two teams they can still beat.
The media guys are saying he's out for Michigan as well. Don't know....

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
In hindsight the best strategy would have been to start a 9-10 game season in early August with strict protocols.

Allow a longer season to get in less games.

It may not be fair but AP voters need to consider a team's ability to stay healthy in the rankings this year. Some of it is luck, some of it is discipline and team culture. Some of it is regional culture.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
LMAO that a team with a 4th string QB that played one game is ranked #9.

Maybe let these teams starting the season late earn their way up the polls instead of just granting them top 10 status because they play in the most overrated conference in football.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO and 2020cy

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Although, their #3 QB tested positive as well. So they are down to the 4th stringer. But I agree they can probably pull those off just by running the ball and playing lights out defense.

• Agree
Reactions: Statefan10

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
LMAO that a team with a 4th string QB that played one game is ranked #9.

Maybe let these teams starting the season late earn their way up the polls instead of just granting them top 10 status because they play in the most overrated conference in football.

It's based on who the voters think is the best right? I mean why do a poll before a game is played then? Or why do a poll after one week using the same logic? Wisconsin has proven themselves pretty much year in and year out to be one of the best programs in college football. I have no issue with them being up there.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Man Iowa couldn’t have been handed a more finely crafted deck to get to the title game. I hope Mertz does well and is back to give them a wake up call to end the season.

They could also be 1-5 heading into the last two weeks of the season. Fingers crossed.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's based on who the voters think is the best right? I mean why do a poll before a game is played then? Or why do a poll after one week using the same logic? Wisconsin has proven themselves pretty much year in and year out to be one of the best programs in college football. I have no issue with them being up there.

Every other year the teams start at the same time. We're talking about teams that have played 5 and 6 games being ranked besides teams that have played 1?

Penn State's 1 game is a loss to Indiana? Why even rank them at all until they prove they can beat somebody next week?

How to weight the non-conference is even more confusing when two major conference didn't play a non-conf.

The fairest way would be to give no penalty or reward for any non-conf wins. In reality the committee will do what the committee exists to do, kiss Big Ten @$$.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So, thirty plus schools with successful practice aplenty to borrow COVID protocols and best practices from—and the B1G can’t manage something that simple?

Shocked, I tell you.
In defense of the B1G, Wisconsin is swimming in Corona postives the last few weeks. They had 7,000+ cases a few days ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Halincandenza

Help Support Us

Become a patron