Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Listened to Unnecessary Roughness this morning, Barstool Sports CFB podcast (I understand some may not like that company), but they were going over the slate this weekend and had something to say in regards to the situation at Iowa..

The host hates Iowa as he's a Mississippi State fan and Iowa fans were sending death threats to him the week leading up to their bowl game against one another. He started going over the Big 10 and each team / fanbases mentality going into their first game, and when bringing up Iowa, him and the co-host started talking about the huge s*** show that is their football program. They mentioned how they would not be surprised whatsoever if this was worse than it already is, that this thing is like an onion, and all it's going to take is a mediocre / down year for their program to implode entirely.
It's unfortunate they're not playing a decent team Saturday because starting 0-1 would turn some of the fan base already

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It's unfortunate they're not playing a decent team Saturday because starting 0-1 would turn some of the fan base already
Personally, I think Purdue will be decent. I read an article about the Big 10 a couple of days ago and it went over each team, and they were pretty high on Purdue for this year. Most of it had to do with their explosive offense obviously with their great WR core, but the article mentioned Purdue's defense should be much better than it was last year.

I might mess around and put some $$ down on Purdue. I think it's going to be a weird game with it being the first of the season and COVID being a factor for both teams and Purdue not having to travel will be important for them.

I honestly might do the same thing with Indiana. I like them over Penn State. Penn State's Journey Brown is still weighing in on whether he's going to play this year due to a medical condition, but he's for sure out vs. what's going to be a very salty Indiana program.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Brb, hooking to my veins
The first part of the episode is awful. There was a ton of drama due to a dumb prank pulled by one of the hosts to another. Just skip ahead because it was annoying.

Brandon Walker, the main guy, loves Iowa State and Brock Purdy. He did pick Oklahoma State to win this week though, which isn't necessarily a surprise.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
The first part of the episode is awful. There was a ton of drama due to a dumb prank pulled by one of the hosts to another. Just skip ahead because it was annoying.

Brandon Walker, the main guy, loves Iowa State and Brock Purdy. He did pick Oklahoma State to win this week though, which isn't necessarily a surprise.

When does the Hawk bashing start? That opening was ******* awful

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
When does the Hawk bashing start? That opening was ******* awful
Oh absolutely horrible I know. They only speak on it for like 20 seconds, but if you still want to listen to it, it starts around the 28:40 mark.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I found it. I couldn’t listen to the rest of it
I rarely get through a full episode. Only podcast I can listen to fully via Barstool is PMT. I just wanted to hear if they were going to say anything in regards to the ISU-OSU matchup but there wasn't much.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Don’t take a brains surgeon to figure that out from STC and his nearly identical posts that were shown. Those hawkeyes have some serious self esteem issues with the way they live through their teams.
STC and his fellow band of merry hokkks are simply another layer of the onion there in Iowa City.

Status
Not open for further replies.