Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Iowa has one of the best offenses in CBB and was missing a top 5 shooter in the country for almost the entire year. And Ogundele, Ulis, and Perkins are studs we added. We will be fine.

Does the defense get better, stay the same, or get worse upon his return?

Reactions: JP4CY

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
Iowa has one of the best offenses in CBB and was missing a top 5 shooter in the country for almost the entire year. And Ogundele, Ulis, and Perkins are studs we added. We will be fine.

Problem is Fran will try to play everyone. Maybe he learned last year that playing 8 guys is often better than playing 11-12... If he keeps the bench short, Iowa will be very good. If he tries to play everyone, their ceiling will be limited.

Reactions: JP4CY

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
What do you define as stud?

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Problem is Fran will try to play everyone. Maybe he learned last year that playing 8 guys is often better than playing 11-12... If he keeps the bench short, Iowa will be very good. If he tries to play everyone, their ceiling will be limited.
This is true. I’d rather him keep playing the hot hand rather then make everyone happy.

Reactions: every_yard

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is true. I’d rather him keep playing the hot hand rather then make everyone happy.
Fran already mentioned he is excited about the depth they have. When he says that it means he does his pace the sidelines and when. He gets irritated, turn around and throw in whoever is behind him. Why you get a 3, 3 4s, and a 5 for the five on the court at times.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Iowa fans be like this for basketball now, since they all say the football season is just "exhibition".

tenor.gif

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Not sure how this year will all play out with games being played and the rankings teams receive based off of those, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Iowa was ranked in the top-20 come January. And no, that's not me saying Iowa isn't going to be good.. I just think they're getting a ton of hype solely due to Luka and are extremely overrated.

• Winner
Reactions: SouthernCy

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not sure how this year will all play out with games being played and the rankings teams receive based off of those, but I would be pleasantly surprised if Iowa was ranked in the top-20 come January. And no, that's not me saying Iowa isn't going to be good.. I just think they're getting a ton of hype solely due to Luka and are extremely overrated.

I'm afraid you might be right. I'm thinking Iowa finishes something like 22-10 and is a 5 seed or something like that.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Meh, Iowa should bank wins and keep their ranking for the first couple of months. Fran's squad is one of few teams that return their entire team and should be in mid-season form right away. As always once the more talented teams gel and near their ceiling the flaws Iowa has in athleticism and back court will resurface.
There is a reason the Feburary Fran Fade is a thing and I see no reason it'll change this year.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm afraid you might be right. I'm thinking Iowa finishes something like 22-10 and is a 5 seed or something like that.
I'd say 5 at the highest, 7/8 at the lowest, meaning they'd be right around where they've been in some of their previous years. I just don't think Iowa's going to get consistent play out of guys that haven't stayed healthy or been consistent.

Reactions: iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Meh, Iowa should bank wins and keep their ranking for the first couple of months. Fran's squad is one of few teams that return their entire team and should be in mid-season form right away. As always once the more talented teams gel and near their ceiling the flaws Iowa has in athleticism and back court will resurface.
There is a reason the Feburary Fran Fade is a thing and I see no reason it'll change this year.

Iowa plays #1 Gonzaga and #16 UNC in December so not sure what you are talking about.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa plays #1 Gonzaga and #16 UNC in December so not sure what you are talking about.
We'll get to see right away whether Iowa is deserving of that ranking or not. UNC should be better but Gonzaga is a no doubter at #1 this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron