All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yep, and thus is the nature of CFB in general. Coaches are high on him, but that doesn't mean much to me. I want to see it on the field and then judge for myself. Stanley was pretty raw, but effective and turned out to be pretty good. I'm hoping Petras is less raw and more ready to go.
Throughout Stanley's entire career, he did a terrific job of never doing too much. Now, there were obviously times where he would press and make mistakes, but those were usually rare occasions. If Petras can do what Stanley did, he should be fairly successful. That is unless Iowa's defense isn't as stout.. then there could be some issues.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I've linked them in the past, if you can't remember them, I'm sure a quick google search will get ya there.
Don't remember that at all. Why don't you just list them? You don't have to make everything so difficult

Last edited:

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Don't remember that at all. Why don't you just list them? You don't have to make everything so difficult

200.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Seriously you bog down these threads by ignoring questions or making statements and then telling people they need to look it up when they question you on it

You bog down threads asking me the same question over and over that I have repeatedly said I won't answer. We have gone over the other metrics several times, I have listed them before. Don't get mad at me that you don't have the mental capacity to remember them.

• Disagree
Reactions: 1776 and CyTwins

Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
You bog down threads asking me the same question over and over that I have repeatedly said I won't answer. We have gone over the other metrics several times, I have listed them before. Don't get mad at me that you don't have the mental capacity to remember them.
Seriously you bog down these threads by ignoring questions or making statements and then telling people they need to look it up when they question you on it
tenor.gif

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Well I guess ULL isn't the top25 juggernaut that ISU fans thought they were. They will be dropping out of the rankings and be replace by Coastal Carolina.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
You're a miserable poster @Legend Hawk

You said there were 5 polls. I ask you what they are and you refuse to answer it. Lol dude cmon that's pathetic

You are the miserable one who pretends we haven't done this exact song and dance several times before. It has been linked, you are either stupid and can't remember or miserable and want to put the entire board through your exhausting song and dance yet again.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Well I guess ULL isn't the top25 juggernaut that ISU fans thought they were. They will be dropping out of the rankings and be replace by Coastal Carolina.

ULL has been living on the edge ever since beating ISU by 17 the first week. OT against some Georgia directional school, 50 plus yard FG from an awful kicker to beat another Georgia directional school and now lost to CC. They are lucky to not be 1-3.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Really don't know much of anything at this point. He seems to have all the tools, so it will come down to decision making and pocket presence I believe.
So, the same thing as Stanley. Had all the tools but never took the step to become elite and had questionable decision making at times

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
So, the same thing as Stanley. Had all the tools but never took the step to become elite and had questionable decision making at times

Not at all. I think Stanley was more of a project than Petras is. Petras seems to be a natural QB and Stanley always seemed to be a work in progress. I thought Stanley turned out to be pretty good. Stanley's problem wasn't decision making, it was his touch on deep throws.

• Informative
Reactions: SouthernCy

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Throughout Stanley's entire career, he did a terrific job of never doing too much. Now, there were obviously times where he would press and make mistakes, but those were usually rare occasions. If Petras can do what Stanley did, he should be fairly successful. That is unless Iowa's defense isn't as stout.. then there could be some issues.
If Petras plays at Stanley level last year and the defense doesn't take a dip, they are pretty successful. If the defense takes a dip (which I think it does) Petras has to play much better than Stanley did

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Not one single poster said that. You're an awful poster. I'm sure there is a "deactivate" account button. You should really think about clicking that