NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Yeah, I'm not one for criticizing the refs much but the last two games, I felt like LeBron got every call and non-call. He just lowered his shoulder and ran over Jamal Murray late -- no call.

When Murray got basically intentionally fouled on the arm and the body on the made layup with a minute left...just ridiculously bizarre for no whistle.

The game was pretty much over barring a miracle so it was astronomically stupid to foul him at the basket.

But if LA is going to play hard enough and foul him on the arm and body at the rim it absolutely has to be called. I wasn't really even that upset with officiating until they rewarded LA for that idiotic play.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Yeah, I'm not one for criticizing the refs much but the last two games, I felt like LeBron got every call and non-call. He just lowered his shoulder and ran over Jamal Murray late -- no call.

I think the biggest thing that hurt the nuggets in that series/game was jokic getting into foul trouble early. Him picking up a quick two fouls in the first and a third in the second yesterday kept him out an extra ten or so minutes of that game (at least it felt like it). Last game him and millsap were both in foul trouble late too. I get people arguing that LA gets about the same amount of calls against them as the nuggets but there is a HUGE difference in Jokic being in foul trouble as opposed to Dwight Howard. LeBron and AD got away with fouls that were called on jokic the whole series.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I think the biggest thing that hurt the nuggets in that series/game was jokic getting into foul trouble early. Him picking up a quick two fouls in the first and a third in the second yesterday kept him out an extra ten or so minutes of that game (at least it felt like it). Last game him and millsap were both in foul trouble late too. I get people arguing that LA gets about the same amount of calls against them as the nuggets but there is a HUGE difference in Jokic being in foul trouble as opposed to Dwight Howard. LeBron and AD got away with fouls that were called on jokic the whole series.
Very good point - so much of the offense flows through him. To be super elite, they need Murray and Jokic being productive.

They're SO young though - I hope they can continue to grow as a team.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I’m a bucks fan but part of me wants to see Giannis go to the Nuggets. It would be a perfect fit.
I'd like to see him stay in Milwaukee to keep the Bucks competitive for the next 10 years. I wouldn't have minded seeing Korver get a ring this year but I imagine his window is closed. I hope Giannis is taking thousands of jump shots a week now.

Reactions: Peter

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I-State thanks for doing the heavy lifting on this thread so the rest of us can pop in and keep up on our Cyclone alum going ons in the NBA.
You've been very kind before in saying this - thanks for the personal touch. I'm a hoops guy (just last night, I coached the local BB varsity guys in a Fall league and helped them blow a 9-point lead down the stretch :) ) and like to follow our guys. So copying-and-pasting a few things isn't too much heavy lifting.

Especially the 4-year guys, I can't help but root for them - great ambassadors for ISU - and they've all had to bust their tails to get established. I just thought we could use a place to post that type of content and, for some people, just being able to see their stat line and a highlight or two keeps them in the loop.

Kind of a bummer but I hear they may not start the new season until 2021 so beyond Hali's draft and contract news, there might not be much to talk about. Maybe Georges' used minivan ads to post.

Thanks again for your note.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Talen Horton Tucker
WORLD CHAMPION

He did make a first half contribution in a playoff game. Cyclone basketball needs to capitalize on an image of him with his ring! I'm sure they will, they seem good at that sort of thing lately.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Playoff totals:

Morris:
172 points
52 assists
25 rebounds
12 steals
2 blocks
10 turnovers

Niang:
58 points
4 assists
15 rebounds
0 steals
1 block
2 turnovers

Thomas:
31 points
7 assists
14 rebounds
1 block
1 steal
1 turnovers

THT:
14 points
0 assists
5 rebounds
0 blocks
2 steals
0 turnovers

Nader UGGGGH:
4 points
0 assists
3 rebounds
2 blocks
1 steal
0 turnovers

CYCLONE PLAYOFFS MEGAZORD:
279 points
63 assists
62 rebounds
16 steals
6 blocks
13 turnovers

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Playoff totals:

Morris:
172 points
52 assists
25 rebounds
12 steals
2 blocks
10 turnovers

Niang:
58 points
4 assists
15 rebounds
0 steals
1 block
2 turnovers

Thomas:
31 points
7 assists
14 rebounds
1 block
1 steal
1 turnovers

THT:
14 points
0 assists
5 rebounds
0 blocks
2 steals
0 turnovers

Nader UGGGGH:
4 points
0 assists
3 rebounds
2 blocks
1 steal
0 turnovers

CYCLONE PLAYOFFS MEGAZORD:
279 points
63 assists
62 rebounds
16 steals
6 blocks
13 turnovers
Burton saw a couple minutes IIRC

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I thought Monte looked incredible in the bubble.

Yeah, he's fine as a heavy minutes sixth man, but if Denver added a more consistent scoring wing player he could be great starting next to Murray.

It's a little odd that as good as he is as a pure point guard, their center is often the actual point guard for very good reason.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron