Bates?

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Somewhere in the MAC he is looking closely at CMU

if you are going to look at the MAC, might as well go DIAA - its the same competition and you don't have to sit out a year.

I would much rather have every coach in America say "Philip you are a quitter, we don't need you. Since you don't know the definition of quitter, here it is (then hand him a mirror)"

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I believe he is finishing out the semester, so we wont hear anything til after that.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
if you are going to look at the MAC, might as well go DIAA - its the same competition and you don't have to sit out a year.

I would much rather have every coach in America say "Philip you are a quitter, we don't need you. Since you don't know the definition of quitter, here it is (then hand him a mirror)"

We would struggle in the MAC right now, as would K State and probably Baylor.

Reactions: cycloneML

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE

Actually the MAC is a cut above the Big 10 with W.Mich beating Illinois and Iowa (last yr) and Toledo beating Michigan. I'm sure there are more examples, but don't sell the MAC short.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I believe he is finishing out the semester, so we wont hear anything til after that.

I thought the whole point of him QUITTING in the middle of the season was so he could focus on finding a new school? I wish we would've QUIT paying his scholarship.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Bates finishing the semester is good for the APR, glad he is doing it.
I wonder if he is wishing that he would have stayed with the team til the end of the season now?

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Yeah, I literally ran in to him the other day
Did you knock him over?:wink:

Anyway, EIU should really go after him. He is better then any QB they have over there. Then we can all listen to the sqauwks tell us that the best QB in the world is sitting the year out on their bench.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
I thought the whole point of him QUITTING in the middle of the season was so he could focus on finding a new school? I wish we would've QUIT paying his scholarship.

He has to keep his grades up or he won't qualify to go anywhere else. He couldn't just cut and run and take F's or incompletes in all of his classes.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
He's still on campus? That can't be too much fun for him. Not that it bothers me though...

That's the dumb part though... He's going to be here the rest of the semester, might as well take some practice snaps to continue to develop as a QB.

Also, he would've gotten some more game experience with Arnuad banged up and the offense struggling at times. Just shows how short-sighted and selfish he is...

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
As far as where he's going, I've heard Ohio and App. State are high on the list... The problem with App. State is that I looked at their roster, and all 4 QBs are returning next year...

No inside info or a source, just heard.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
well i dont think its an option, but everyday in econ he is wearing something duke. sweatshirts, tshirts, hats, even warm up pants...

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
That's the dumb part though... He's going to be here the rest of the semester, might as well take some practice snaps to continue to develop as a QB.

Also, he would've gotten some more game experience with Arnuad banged up and the offense struggling at times. Just shows how short-sighted and selfish he is...

Agreed. He cost himself over half a year of eligibility on his own, AND he'll have to sit out next year if he goes to CMU.

He got some REALLY bad advice from someone.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron